excel saga

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime.

Postby klinky » Sun Jul 07, 2002 9:43 pm

Maybe Jessica has a wussy voice that gives out easily or she shouldn't have been cast for the rule.

Fans can demand all they want, but if the anime is popular enough they will wait. ADV most likely announced they had the license a few months ago, but actually obtained it early then that. It's common practice for them to do that.

I wouldn't blame the ppl's who are going to be buying and using their cash as the source of the problem. I think the american anime industry is flawed and alot of "anime loving" CEO's have their heads up thier asses.

Anyways, I would much rather blame el ADV over crappy production processes rather then the fans. ADV has shown that they can really suck in the past. However, I hear that the Excel DVDs are some of their best yet and I don't discredit the DVD, just the means in which they produced it.

Also kthulhu, was replying more towards NeoGohan's message then yours.

~klinky
klinky

Postby NeoGohan » Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:07 pm

I know its been more than a few months since they obtained the license. When I first started getting the episodes, it had already been licensed and SAHA had stopped subbing because of it.

I'm pretty sure Excel Saga was licensed back in 2000...
Hansi Kürsch, André Olbrich, <s>Thomen Stauch</s>, Marcus Siepen.
Together, they are <A href=http://www.blind-guardian.com><b>BLIND GUARDIAN</b></a>
NeoGohan

Postby NeoGohan » Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:10 pm

NeoGohan wrote:I know its been more than a few months since they obtained the license. When I first started getting the episodes, it had already been licensed and SAHA had stopped subbing because of it.

I'm pretty sure Excel Saga was licensed back in 2000...

Edit: It was licensed in February of 2000.... thats alot more than a few months.
Hansi Kürsch, André Olbrich, <s>Thomen Stauch</s>, Marcus Siepen.
Together, they are <A href=http://www.blind-guardian.com><b>BLIND GUARDIAN</b></a>
NeoGohan

Postby imadude » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:48 am

also can anybody fully get what the english excel said in the next episode previews the first time they saw it cuz i watched it the first time when i was pretty messed up and i was like whoa shes talkin really fast :?:
imadude

Postby Garylisk » Mon Jul 08, 2002 2:04 am

I wouldn't watch it in English :P I've loved Excel Saga since it came out a LOOONG time ago in Japan. heh.

Anyway, that's too bad that they have to change VA's... I hate it when that happens. You never really see ity happen in Japanese versions though. The only instance I can think of off the top of my head was Sailor Moon. Mitsuishi Kotono was sick for a few months once, so they got someone else to do Sailor Moon's voice for the last 2 episodes of season 1, and the first 8 I think of season 2. (The Seiyuu, whose name eludes me, came back later on and did the voice of Chibiusa. She also did Miaka in Fushigi Yuugi :) )
Get a life? I'm a gamer! I have lots of lives!
Garylisk

Postby Mroni » Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:32 am

Ok Jessca cavello or however you spell that has a great voice. This is a damned shame she can't continue. I don't understand when people say they cannot understand her. I understand everything she says perfectly. She was the voice of Celcia the elf preistess in Those who hunt elves. She is just a hilarious voice actress. The japanese voice actress is great too. So either way you watch Excel it's funny. Adv may say it's rushing things but that is bullcrap. The last excel dvd came out in may !!!! That is well over a month ago. THey are releasing Excel at a normal rate not some excelerated one.

Mr Oni
Purity is wackable!
"Don't trust me I'm over 40!"
Mroni

Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom

Postby jbone » Mon Jul 08, 2002 1:26 pm

Mroni wrote:THey are releasing Excel at a normal rate not some excelerated one.

I <I>hope</I> that's a misspelling and not a bad attempt at a pun. :-P

They are releasing it at an accelerated rate because the voice actors need more time to rest in between sessions than they are allowed. Period.

Some parts in that series - especially Excel - would be incredibly strenuous to do constantly, and actors need to rest their voices. Jessica hurt her voice because she was not allowed to rest for the amount of time needed. She is not a "weak" voice actress, it's simply an <I>incredibly</I> strenuous part.
jbone

Postby rurouni_trelane » Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:28 pm

Mroni wrote: The last excel dvd came out in may !!!! That is well over a month ago. THey are releasing Excel at a normal rate not some excelerated one.

Actually, it didn't officially get released until mid-June, although Suncoast was selling copies early (BTW, Suncoast sells Excel Saga for $30 while Best Buy sells it for $18!!). And volume two is coming out in late August. That's 2 months; that's rushing.
I believe in equality of the sexes and all, but hey, I likes boobs.
rurouni_trelane

Previous

Return to General Anime