ack, amv song selections...

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
LightningCountX
Org Profile

ack, amv song selections...

Post by LightningCountX » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:02 pm

Ok, here's the deal. Im working on a Gundam Wing Project, and im gonna use the whole series, but set it up into multiple videos(chapters)now, i want to have all the chapters instrumental, without any lyrics. One song im definetly doing is Requiem Of A Dream from LOTR's. I really need help finding other instrumental songs. The first chapter of my video will contain prolly episodes 1-10. Anyone have any suggestions on song choices? Thankyou :)

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:54 pm

Gustav Holst's "The Planets"

"Mars, the Bringer of War"

My recording is 6:57, but it lends itself to editing.
I don't know if it'll fit the mood you want in episodes 1-10, but it might work for other sections.
Life's short.
eBayhard.

paulrowe
Org Profile

Fellow compatriots unite!

Post by paulrowe » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:11 pm

What an interesting call! I had just suggested "The Planets" to "Lord of the Rings" when I read your suggestion for Gundam Wing.

Of course, I would recommend some of the other movements (though not all of them would be applicable) for Gundam Wing as well. Jupiter could lend itself pretty nicely, as well as Saturn.

Something to watch out for: "Mars, the Bringer of War" is not going to necessarily be an easy one to orchestrate to an AMV. It has an uneven feel to it, helped greatly by the fact that it is written in 5/4 time. It is NOT a marching beat (unless you're used to that sort of thing and that's not unheard of). If you want another example of 5/4 beat, try "Take Five" (though that's jazz).

(Sousaphonist: Why doe'n't your avatar play the sousaphone?)

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:05 am

It IS a march too, we played it in marching band (and nearly lost people tripping over their own feet!). 5/4 is what makes it fun...

Another good choice: Swan Lake by Tchaikovsky

My avatar used to be a sousaphone, now it's the cover for a Chinese action movie. It's variable. :)
Life's short.
eBayhard.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:24 am

Heh, these are some of the more interesting suggestions I've seen on this thread in a long time. Continue :)

LightningCountX
Org Profile

Post by LightningCountX » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:29 am

thanks for the idea's guys, keep them comming! Ill have to check out the songs when i get home from school today. Thanks :D

BishounenStalker
Org Profile

Post by BishounenStalker » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:10 am

"International Code" from the Independence Day soundtrack. It's short instrumental, and the mood of it fits Wing pretty well.
-- Rachel the Demon, Resident Quoter of Obscure Nostalgia
"Great. He can pick his teeth when he's done with us!" - Marina, Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas
Current AMV: Somewhere On This Night

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:00 am

GO WITH MARS :D

That is all I say. I'd like to see a video with that.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Savia
Chocolate teapot
Org Profile

Post by Savia » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:08 am

Sousaphonist wrote:Another good choice: Swan Lake by Tchaikovsky
Damn, that needs someone to use it. A very dramatic and tense piece of classical that would be good to see used.

That, Mars and Summer from Four Seasons are the three classical tracks that I've always thought had some use for AMVs. I'd say that a track to Wing with Mars, the Bringer of War is a good idea.

Princess Tutu uses Tchaikovsky ballet as BGM throughout, climaxing the first story arc with episode thirteen, called 'Schwannensee' ['Swan Lake'], and uses it to great effect.
"A creator needs only one enthusiast to justify him." - Man Ray
"Restrictions breed creativity." - Mark Rosewater

A Freudian slip is where you say one thing, but mean your mother.

risk one
Org Profile

Post by risk one » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:12 pm

You might try getting some Shostakovich or Prokofiev. A lot of their work is very 'visual' (Shostakovich was used in Disney's Fantasia). I used Prokofiev myself (see sig), it's not the easiest audio, but it's very doable.
Mozart also works very well with video. Check out the soundtrack of the movie Amadeus for ideas (hell, check out the movie too if you haven't seen it, it's a perfect example of how to use classical music and video).

In general ballet's are good points to start searching (for obvious reasons). Maybe I can think of some more specifi ideas later on.
ImageImage

Return to “General AMV”