'TRUE' Anime Music Videos on DVD

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Tue Jul 30, 2002 6:18 pm

Hellsing had an anime music video on it...of sorts. Really it was just mostly random scenes to music, IMO.
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jul 31, 2002 11:18 am

FirestormXIII wrote:Hellsing had an anime music video on it...of sorts. Really it was just mostly random scenes to music, IMO.
Yeah, that's what the "corporate" anime music videos tend to be. They use music (from the anime) and use scenes (from the anime) to make... filler material. Obviously these people have a deadline, and probably get asked to make them a week or so BEFORE that deadline, which is why they almost always are lame :D.

For example, the Tasuki music video on the FY DVD is.. Tasuki's image song to random scenes of Tasuki.

These AMVs aren't going to an AMV audience; they're going to the audience that'll like anything to do with the show, because they're the ones BUYING the show ^^.

I can't say I've watched any of them lately, but I'd be interested in knowing if any of the "official" music videos released are anything resembling the fan-made ones (that is, telling a new story, timing, etc).
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Website: Kanzenshuu |] ::
:: [| AMVs: Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: Flashback (July 2022) |] ::

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Wed Jul 31, 2002 4:48 pm

Excel Saga DVD 1 has 2 videos on it.... (They are spoof music video trailers.) :lol: I think....
ImageImage

risika
Org Profile

Post by risika » Wed Jul 31, 2002 6:09 pm

some of the sailormoon english dubs on dvd (*shivershiver*) had videos...

projekt_navi
Org Profile

Post by projekt_navi » Wed Jul 31, 2002 7:54 pm

I thought all Anime Trailers in DVD were always the best ...

yea castor, the cowboy bebop trailer wasn't all great ...

hellsing one was weird as hell ...
A Fire Inside <<< AFI ... very good punk-rock band ... no shitty linkin park music ... pure rock :twisted:

Schu no ko
Org Profile

Post by Schu no ko » Thu Aug 01, 2002 1:40 am

I like the promo vid for that video game Gungrave. That thing was shiny and pretty!

I also thought the Hellsing vid was shiny and pretty! (I've got a weird definition of shiny and pretty...)I'm gonna go watch it again! *runs off*

Return to “General AMV”