[puella magi madoka magica] Its Not Meant To Be Like This

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
ammico
Org Profile

[puella magi madoka magica] Its Not Meant To Be Like This

Post by ammico » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:26 pm

This is my first real AMV so I hope you enjoy it!

Rollinge
Org Profile

Re: [puella magi madoka magica] Its Not Meant To Be Like Thi

Post by Rollinge » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:00 pm

That was pretty decent, the thing that totally killed it at certain parts was the poor lip sync.
Maybe swapping some crossfades with some fade to blacks at appropriate points and generally vary your transitions more if you can.
Nice start.

Tearx
The Malicious Feline
Org Profile

Post by Tearx » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:07 am

loveeee this song, Imogen's voice is always so amazing <3

Anyways, yay first amv!! :D
You are on a really good track, quality is good and you seem to be getting a good grasp on editing.
This is a tough song to edit to since there is so much room to sync with the song. The thing with
editing a song like this.. well any song really is that you want your editing to be specific to where it is
in the song, if I chop it up and mix the scenes around, it shouldn't still fit the song because now everything
messed up and the sync is all off! (not too sure if that made sense >.<)

I also recommend avoiding any lip flap (when characters talk) unless you are aiming to lip sync.

Really good first amv. I will be looking forward to your future releases, and feel free to PM me if you need help on future projects. :up: :up:

Replay Studios
A Studio Within A Studio
Org Profile

Post by Replay Studios » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:09 am

Tearx wrote:loveeee this song, Imogen's voice is always so amazing <3

Anyways, yay first amv!! :D
You are on a really good track, quality is good and you seem to be getting a good grasp on editing.
This is a tough song to edit to since there is so much room to sync with the song. The thing with
editing a song like this.. well any song really is that you want your editing to be specific to where it is
in the song, if I chop it up and mix the scenes around, it shouldn't still fit the song because now everything
messed up and the sync is all off! (not too sure if that made sense >.<)

I also recommend avoiding any lip flap (when characters talk) unless you are aiming to lip sync.

Really good first amv. I will be looking forward to your future releases, and feel free to PM me if you need help on future projects. :up: :up:
Also, too much crossfading, keep it up ^^

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”