The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AWA

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Re: The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AW

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:54 am

SailorDeath wrote: So, wait, if I remade one of my old videos that was say posted here a while ago, I could submit the remake and it wouldn't get DQ'd? Jingoro is that correct?
Is there no honor amongst editors left :P

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:21 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
SailorDeath wrote: So, wait, if I remade one of my old videos that was say posted here a while ago, I could submit the remake and it wouldn't get DQ'd? Jingoro is that correct?
Is there no honor amongst editors left :P

Vlad

LOL, I don't want to try doing this. I've been a big proponent of the "original content only" rule in pro for a while now. I was just curious because if someone does submit a remake of a video thinking that it was technically a different video then I wouldn't want to see them get disqualified. I'm glad the beta question was answered, I don't think there's a creator out there that hasn't asked another creator to critique their video before submitting a video to a con for any last minute improvements.

Actually I just had an awesome idea for AWA's "Off" year in 2014. A remake challenge. That entrants take the first amv they ever made and use it as a guide and then they recreate it and submit it along with the original. Then a panel of AWA judges watch the original and the remake and determine who made the best remake. The only thing they need in common is the source and song. And the source could even be generalize to a specific series. Like if your original version used the Vision of Escaflowne tv series and you want to use the Escaflowne movie instead. Or if your song was the record version and you want to use the live recording.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:57 pm

Though legions of fans would differ, George Lucas insists that recent (edited) re-releases of Star Wars A New Hope are, in fact, the same movie made better. I think we'll go with that. If y'all don't want to be called "George" all through AWA, don't submit remakes. ;-)

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:25 am

This is it, down to the wire, edit edit edit and get those last minute entries completed.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:04 pm

yeah, i'm glad masters gets an extra week :shock:

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:22 pm

Please note, the web form will still accept submissions after the deadline, but that every submission gets a date and time stamp. This date and time stamp is final for purposes of the deadline. Since the long form of the Professional Awards rules state "August 30" I will allow submissions up until 11:59 pm Baker Island time (the farthest west American territory). This is UTC-12 Hours, which makes the deadline effectively Saturday, August 31 at 6:59am Eastern Daylight Time for you chronic procrastinators or perfectionists.

Similar measures will apply for the other deadlines.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:56 pm

Uploaded some Expo entries while I get my encoding figured out on this last thing... I kinda hit back after it finished with the first and did the second - hopefully that didn't screw anything up.

EDIT: ...and done! |:>
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:46 pm

since the deadline is almost on top of us, i just realized... have confirmations been sent out? :uhoh:

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:48 pm

All,

There are no automatic email confirmations. The only confirmation you will receive is the one on the web when you complete the form. Over the holiday weekend I will be preparing the Professional Awards videos for download. IF I encounter any problems with your video, you will be contacted and we will work to resolve the problem. If you did not upload your video using our form, but sent a link, please be sure your video remains available. If I cannot download your video from an external link, again you will be contacted. I will use the email provided on your submission form if I need to reach you.

If you would like to improve this situation, and are a crack web developer and/or video processing developer, please get in touch with me after Anime Weekend Atlanta about joining VAT Staff next year. Our technical staff (largely Carl and Myself) are stretched to the limit, and could use your experience.

Thank you.
-Jingoro

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:17 pm

Got a Pro entry in...last day FTW!
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Return to “AMV Contests”