For all help and discussion relating to visual effects in programs that are not already covered in an existing forum, such as Blender, Particle Illusion, etc., along with discussion about effects theories and techniques.

Moderator: Niotex


Postby Animated » Fri May 31, 2013 12:20 pm

I'm looking for some unique kind of distortion that can be placed upon text and scenes generally. What i'm looking for is something similar to horizontal gaussian blur, only more... pro. Examples:

Mirkosp - EXIT

Psychopass OP

Please do NOT mention the Sony Vegas TV Distortion effect. Thank you :amv:
User avatar
Drama Text Cop
Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Location: Athens, Greece
Status: Texty :3

Re: Distortion

Postby lloyd9988 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:07 am

looks like Premiere Pro's effect: "Wave Warp"
User avatar
Joined: 15 May 2011
Location: AZ
Status: Yeahhhhh......

Re: Distortion

Postby Eake4 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:45 am

Sony Vegas TV Distortion effect.

but you could try twitch on After Effects, there are quite a few controls there. At worst case if the scene isn't too long you could cut up the source/text into multiple bits and slide them individually.
User avatar
Australian Zeus
Joined: 26 Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Status: Doing something useless again

Return to Visual Effects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest