Duality of Conflict

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Duality of Conflict

Postby NotReallyHere » Sat May 04, 2013 5:00 am

So, about this AMV. It's actually rather old by now (premiered on 13/10/2011*) , I just wanted to upload something to the .org, since I felt silly for not having any vids on here and this is the only one I have with a file size lower than 150 MB (must be doing something wrong in the encoding part lol). Anyway, this is my 3rd AMV (second proper one though) and it is meant to show the different sides to a conflict, how both sides can fight eachother without one being completely evil. I was experimenting with effects a bit in this vid so... it might be a bit flashy. :)

Hope you enjoy! :)

actually, that's a lie, I always forget october so I thought november was the 10th month...
NotReallyHere
Just for Fun

Re: Duality of Conflict

Postby imp » Sun May 05, 2013 5:10 am

Heheh, as I heard you got the encoding part done now ^^

It's Sunday, I should be doing some school stuff... so, here's this:

About the story:
I didn't get some of the scenes, like at 1:24-1:27, it's a flashback of some sort, but why? it explains nothing. And the girl is never seen again.

effects:
Nice sun-flares :D pretty, original, "helps" my eyes by saying, "yo, you should pay attention to this exact spot".

other stuff:
- The flow was really nice, easy going at the right time etc etc ^^
- Interlaced TT.TT
- The eeeeeending left me with a feeling that nothing's resolved, which is ok, I guess, conflict stuff.
Code: Select all
/*
 *  Author's note:
 *  Software engineering is the part of computer science which is too difficult for the computer scientist.
 */
imp

Postby NotReallyHere » Sun May 05, 2013 5:58 am

Impiety wrote:About the story:
I didn't get some of the scenes, like at 1:24-1:27, it's a flashback of some sort, but why? it explains nothing. And the girl is never seen again.

effects:
Nice sun-flares :D pretty, original, "helps" my eyes by saying, "yo, you should pay attention to this exact spot".

other stuff:
- The flow was really nice, easy going at the right time etc etc ^^
- Interlaced TT.TT
- The eeeeeending left me with a feeling that nothing's resolved, which is ok, I guess, conflict stuff.

That particular set of scenes was indeed kinda random. Using random scenes (teletubbies) for a comedic effect worked well in my first AMV, but that was comedy and looking back on it now it didn't work in this AMV at all.
Was it... interlaced? Must've missed that, my bad. XD

About the ending.... I actually used only 2 out of 6 episodes because that's all there was when I made this. I made this to enter the Nishicon 2011 AMV compo. Originally I had another one tho, but it turned out rubbish so I decided to make another one. As I had taking a liking to this series I decided to use this. :) (Then again, the open ending does fit with the theme ;))
NotReallyHere
Just for Fun

Postby Radical_Yue » Mon May 06, 2013 10:04 pm

Hmmm...This video just felt really off to be honest. The beginning felt really disjointed and needed way more flow to it. Then the song kicks in and nothing really happens. There is action and people fighting but the pacing itself doesn't really change. There isn't a lot to differentiate between the slow and fast at all. And for the love of all that is holy, please ditch those lens flares D: They were a bad effects back in 1998 and they're still a bad effect.

I get the feel that you enjoyed the source but I just couldn't follow it at all. Keep trying though, you've got the spirit you just need to work on dynamic and such.
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Postby NotReallyHere » Wed May 08, 2013 4:46 am

Ok, thanks for your feedback! Flow is indeed a bit of an issue for me, I recently watched some tutorials on it so I think I've got a better idea how to get it now. :) Don't worry, this is the only vid I've used the lens flares in and I'll keep it that way XD.
NotReallyHere
Just for Fun

Return to AMV Announcements