Lionheart (P.O.E. S3 Final Round Non-Competing)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Lionheart (P.O.E. S3 Final Round Non-Competing)

Post by AngelDragoon » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:34 pm

As the title states, this is my non-competing entry for the final round of Project OrgEditor. Feel free to read the video description for more information regarding the theme and other stuff. <3

(Also, this is my first announcement thread, so yay~ :amv: )

Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: Lionheart (P.O.E. S3 Final Round Non-Competing)

Post by Otohiko » Thu May 02, 2013 1:13 am

Nice entry! Always great to see people continuing as non-competing, cause you know you're just editing for your own sake :D

I really liked how the editing was paced - it was generally pretty clean, uncomplicated, evenly-cut and smoothly transitioned. Where I think the main weakness was would be scene choices - for the first half of the video, there are a lot of characters basically doing nothing, but then once it gets going in the second half, there's also a fair bit of repetition. There's only one real action scene which basically comes back more than once.
I think one thing that you could do here is actually keep the video shorter. There's definitely a story, but you could tell it in a much shorter video with some clever audio editing.

Keep it up!
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Thu May 02, 2013 8:02 am

Interesting use of SAO! Simple and clean editing but it works :up: . The only thing that bother me was how you did sometimes a crossfade to black and then just another scene show up, seems rought for me. Also the editing could be more interesting sometimes, was repetitive in that aspect (crossfades, little camera moves), but overall was nice to watch!

imp
Org Profile

Post by imp » Thu May 02, 2013 11:22 am

This was put together so nice! It was a too long imo, thought it wasn't boring enough to skip through it.

(I kinda dislike that woman's voice, maybe that affected my judgement a bit)
Finally complete and up-to-date:
http://amv.impdevelopment.eu

catgod
cat stalker
Org Profile

Post by catgod » Thu May 02, 2013 9:38 pm

chit wrote:OH
MY
GOD.
DO YOU
KNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWOWOOWW
HOW LONG I'VE BEEN WAITNG FOR A GOOD AMV TO THIS SONG.
lol I <3 heart this song too!

I generally enjoyed this but whenever imaging the song in my head I never expected really big action-y fight/combat scenes to be the focus of the hard beats. That kinda hindered it for me a bit (so maybe better scene selection? lol idk how to give advice :sweat: ) but pretty good job overall!~
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”