Psycho-pass

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Re: Psycho-pass

Postby EkaCoralian » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:52 pm

It might just end up too late in the game to me pulling this move, but
Spoiler :
I really fear for where they want to position Shinya's character in the end.
With Makishima as less of a bad guy after seeing that Sibyl is a collection of human brains, and with Shinya pretty damn driven with revenge, I feel like its entirely possible his character could end up very antagonistic very quickly.
But then again, I think we've only got like 5 episodes in total left (unless they want to do a second season) so I guess its unlikely in that regard.
Still, what he asked Akane to do a few episodes back after she bashed Makishima's head in... that's the revenge-driven latent criminal talking, not a detective or Enforcer. :'c
EkaCoralian

Postby Kisagi » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:44 pm

Damn! :twisted:

Spoiler :
Okay so, since Kogami has left this will be an even greater deal, since that bitch wants to kill him. My only question is "will he make it out alive and find what he was looking for?"

If he does then this will turn out to be even more wonderful. Though I still wonder how the last few episodes will turn out because it seems like it will go even longer that it's supposed to. Now, I wonder how the chief will act upon this and if the wil kill her/him or not. Hopefully this will have a nice ending and we can all have fresh joy in the end :beer: .

This is really coming out very well and I extremely can't wait for the next week.
Kisagi

Postby AimoAio » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:14 pm

Spoiler :
Sibyl's really desperate for Makishima. XD
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby OmniStrata » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:05 pm

Wow, can we get anywhere without spoiler tags [lol of course not]

For now, it's best thought provoking anime this season and well, it's nice how the show doesn't end on a cliff hanger all the damn time but one still needs to see what happens next...
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV
OmniStrata

Postby Kisagi » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:00 am

Spoiler :
lol wow, the sybil wants Kogami to die, but not Akane and Makishima. Akane has gotten even better after she learned the truth. Turns out this will be a nice thrill in the end 8-)
Kisagi

Postby ZephyrStar » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:22 pm

Spoiler :
Well damn. I really like Akane now...she's turned into a bamf.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby Kisagi » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:28 am

Oh my, that episode was quite good and kind of sad. It looks like the next will be the last
Kisagi

Postby AimoAio » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:29 pm

Saw that coming for Gino and Masaoka. >__> Though I was hoping I'd be wrong. ;__;

Spoiler :
I hope Akane finds some way to destroy the Sibyl System.

Final episode next week. T__T
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby pacotacoshell » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:37 am

Ep 21: MY FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ;____________________________________;
Ep 22: LOL @ 9:20. Now classical music, god this show is classy as fuck.
Spoiler :
AND NOW YURI? CAN I JUST FIND A REASON TO HATE THIS SHOW, JESUS

God, this show was awesome. I think I loved it as much as I did because it reminds me a lot of those intense US TV shows with all its twists and turns, and yet simultaneously keeps that realm of fantasy and sci-fi that only an anime can produce. The world really needs more shows like this. ;___;
pacotacoshell

Postby Kisagi » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:25 pm

WTF? at the end what it said, does that mean it's going to continue this!?

Any way damn that episode surprised me there
Kisagi

Postby Emong » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Spoiler :
The last ep left enough hints for a second season :up:

That was a great show! I loved it how it messed up the good/evil opposition and you could never quite tell who are the good and who are the bad guys. I found myself being on Makishima's side all the time, as did Kogane and later Akane as well. Of course they all disagreed on the methods but the opposition against Sibyl was shared by all.

The conceptual stuff was very interesting and much better dealt with than most series are capable of. The show was quite contemporary even, in a sense, even if it took place in a techno-futuristic setting, as technocracy is very much a contemporary phenomenon. And the show did a really nice job depicting all sorts of positions one can take on it. I was anticipating Makishima's problems with Sibyl (How exactly does the system judge people? By which criteria?) from episode 1 and it's always great when the show you're watching already thought of the same stuff you did and is already ahead of you. One could see what's wrong with Sibyl as it didn't really understand why it couldn't read Makishima's psycho-pass. I think the correct way to understand it would be that people like Makishima are the product of the system, not something external to it that the system just failed to cover. Although this wasn't actually said by anyone in the show, it follows from Sibyl's arbitrary criteria of judgement. You can even say that it was because of Sibyl that Makishima turned out to be a psychotic mess as Sibyl's malfunctioning isolated and alienated him in his childhood (like it was speculated in the show).
Image Image
Emong
A Damaged Lemon

Postby ibabrak » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:49 am

This anime was good :awesome:
If they ever make season 2 they will have to do a really good job if they want it to be good. Makishima was just that good of a villian.
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby AimoAio » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:05 am

Emong wrote:
Spoiler :
That was a great show! I loved it how it messed up the good/evil opposition and you could never quite tell who are the good and who are the bad guys. I found myself being on Makishima's side all the time, as did Kogane and later Akane as well. Of course they all disagreed on the methods but the opposition against Sibyl was shared by all.

It's this that makes it hard to really hate Makishima. ALSO IT'S KOGAMI NOT KOGANE! D<

But hmm...I don't really know how I feel about the ending. It wasn't bad per se, and it was pretty good for a closure episode...I think the problem might be because I was expecting too much from it? I was actually prepared to be in for a sob-fest for this episode so not having accomplished that left me somewhat emotionally unsatisfied. :|
Spoiler :
Killing Kogami ontop of Makishima might just have triggered the waterworks.

Though I'm not sure I would have wanted that sort of ending afterall. At least this way, there's hints for a second season, except finding a replacement for Makishima will be difficult since he was pretty darn epic. BUT DAMN, AWESOME SHOW WAS AWESOME AFTERALL. :up: It's these kind of shows that have me all excited and anticipating the next episode every week. <3 It'll be going in my fav list for a long time. :up:
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby Emong » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:14 pm

AimoAio wrote:ALSO IT'S KOGAMI NOT KOGANE! D<

I'm so bad with Japanese names :down:
Image Image
Emong
A Damaged Lemon

Postby Jasta85 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:12 pm

I really liked this series because it was very realistic in its approach to society. So many series these days go for the "good guys win, bad guys lose" idea and everything turns out well in the end. Psycho Pass goes more with the fact that there are many necessary evils in society. They aren't the morally right ways to do things but if they aren't done then society as a whole may not survive.

Kind of sad this series ended on such a mellow note. Would definitely enjoy a continuation that actually involved the sybl system being dismantled.
Jasta85

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion