The Disney MEP IV : The Magic Continues

This forum is for the announcement, organisation and discussion of Multi-Editor AMV Projects.

Re: The Disney MEP IV : The Magic Continues

Postby chaosgod357 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:53 pm

Working on my concept now that ST IC is over ^^ should have something for you 1-2days ^^ then I will work on a full beta before asking what everyone thinks
ChaosGod Productions
TheOrg: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... id=1096519
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaosGodProductions
<3 AMV Editors Don't Die We Multiply!!
chaosgod357

Location: Always running away but no matter how far I go there I am

Postby SVProductions » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:01 pm

I wanted to add two more songs and anime to the list.

Song: Davy Jone's Locket- Pirates of the Carribean
Anime: Guilty Crown

Song: savages - Pocahontas
Anime: Spirited Away

Thank you so much for allowing me to jump in on this awesome project ^^
I am hoping to put up concepts by this weekend
SVProductions

Postby EkaCoralian » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:11 am

Well, I'm almost done about 20 seconds. :sweat: First Year University is still taking some getting used to for me in terms of how I set free time aside, sorry. ;;
However I thought I might as well upload what I have thus far, so its in the doc.
Also Code, I'm done my final exam by the 25th of April so could I request a slightly later due date for the final beta by any chance? ;A; Not much longer of course; maybe like May 1st or 2nd? ;-; (My clips are being really finicky too and shutting down Vegas constantly so I'm just workin' out the kinks there atm).

And now I'm finally gonna watch everyone else's. :'D

Hamstar:
The Poisson video slayed me. XD Especially 0:30 - 0:32. Jesus doghlih. Loved it!
Farewell is looking good. Powerful editing! ;3;
Listen With Your Heart is also lookin' nice! Excited to see the full, and what assortment of scenes you use. Works well with Mushi-shi!
Fathoms Below was neat! Liked it.

Vej:
Tatami-Girl was fantastic; looks like a ton of fun to edit. xD And color me intrigued to check out Tatami Galaxy now!
Dream Is a Wish looks really cute so far!

Zanza:
Fantasmic looks cool so far! Excited to see the final.

SatoshiSakura:
The Something There beta is adorable, oihgjdoir. <3

Moezy:
A Whole New World was wonderful! (And geez woman how can you edit so fast?! 8I xD) Loved it!

Eimi:
Glory Days I'M REALLY EXCITED FOR. THIS COMBINATION IS BLOODY PERFECT. |'3

Cami:
Evangeline looks nice so far. ^_^

The only one I can't watch right now is Married Life since the download will take about 30 mins, but I'll watch it soon as I can!
EkaCoralian

Postby moezy-chan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:18 am

EkaCoralian wrote:Well, I'm almost done about 20 seconds.

A Whole New World was wonderful! (And geez woman how can you edit so fast?! 8I xD) Loved it!

Love what you have so far Eka! Looking forward to seeing the completed project *_*

And I honestly don't know XD I was having fun...didn't want to stop...one day later the beta is complete! XD But glad you enjoyed!
moezy-chan

Postby hamstar138 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:32 am

Just wanted to note the concept of God Help The Outcasts is up. ;D Please take a look!
hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit

Postby Hagaren Viper » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:41 am

WHOOPS, I didnt realize I have supposed to have proofs in already. I'm working on two of my tracks right now buuut I want to refine them a tad more before I let everyone see. I'll be getting to reviews in detail in the next couple days, but I'll say Ive watched all the YT links and I havent been disappointed with one yet!
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hagaren Viper

Postby Kazemon15 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:24 pm

...we were supposed to have proofs? :uhoh:
Currently replaying/recording: Tales of Vesperia (Xbox360) and Tales of Graces F (PS3)
ImageImage<-- Now available
Kazemon15

Postby Drango » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:37 pm

Okay, one more entry from me and I'll get to pulling my concepts together:

Editor: Drango
Song: He's A Pirate
Disney film: Pirates of the Caribbean
Anime: Moretsu Pirates
Drango

Postby Camichan19 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:02 pm

I've been working on an AMV for a long time that coincidentally has a Disney song. Proof of concept (basically my beta I've had) is up~
Editor: Camichan19
Song: Friend in Me
Disney Film: Toy Story
Anime: Sakamichi no Apollon.
Camichan19

Postby CodeZTM » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:13 pm

Camichan19 wrote:I've been working on an AMV for a long time that coincidentally has a Disney song. Proof of concept (basically my beta I've had) is up~
Editor: Camichan19
Song: Friend in Me
Disney Film: Toy Story
Anime: Sakamichi no Apollon.

You are now officially one of my favorite people. :awesome:

I watched this one today and I about lost it with the FEELS. Can't wait to see the rest of this finished.

I'll watch the rest of these tonight. Tax season is making me get behind. D:
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby °Vej° » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:19 pm

Nice, and now we can have a toy story's track this year too ヽ(*・ω・)ノ
If you can dream it you can do it an AMV
°Vej°

Postby Camichan19 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:30 pm

hahahaha all aboard the FEELS train!~ ^w^ I'm glad you like it.
Has there always been a Toy Story track in every Disney MEP? xD (and OMG OP FACE *Q*)
I'll beta-test some of these tonight as well when I get home, but everything I've seen looks promising so far!
Camichan19

Postby CodeZTM » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:34 am

Posted my own proof of concept. Enjoy!
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby Hagaren Viper » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:04 am

Just posted two of my concepts as well, I probably won't get to Pokemon until I finish these. Wreck-It Wreck-It Ralph is really rough so there are masking issues and flap, but those will go away eventually. Also I tried to upload my tracks to Youtube and Wreck-It Wreck-It got muted immediately SO THATS COOL.

[Perfect timing Code, I was just finishing writing reviews.]

Spoiler :
hamstar138

Listen With Your heart
Wow what a pretty track..I had completely forgotten this song, the two work great together. My only nitpick is 0:34 where the snake is shown on the mountain...the scene goes by fairly quickly so I kinda thought it was a mountain topped with whipped cream...but thats...probablly just me.

Fathoms Below
I flat out had to look this song up...didnt remember it AT ALL. Havent seen the movie in a while though.
Pretty cool tuff though, fits will with OP. Not sure if has been adressed but the flat at the 0:15 area really bugs me. I think 1:29 [be-LOW] needs a more impactful scene, I think skipping the scenes of the ship breaking through the...goo or whatever and having it launch straight into the sky [on '-low'] would be better.

God Help the Sohma
Looking pretty good. The second half has a lot of sceens that are pretty still, so I think some slight zooms could be helpful. Not really feeling the ending [2:20-End], I think if youd shuffle them a bit so they fit the flow of the music more it would be better.

°Vej°

Tatami Girl
I seriously can't belive this worked as well as it did. Really good! Tatami Galaxy is such a unique looking vid that Im glad you could make such a unique vid out of it. Lipsync could use some work in some parts [0:58, 1:35, 1:41]

Dream Is a Wish
OH MY GOSH THIS IS SO CUTE I CANT

Litterally dead because this track is so cute, wow...

EkaCoralian
Wow I love you for finding an anime that can fit this song, will be fun to have such a classic anime in the mep too! I'm a little curious about the AR because the earth in the first scene looks a bit distorted, but the rest of them look ok so it might just be me. Hard to say too much because of the blanks but Im loving the energy so far.

SatoshiSakura

Nice selection of scenes, looks like another good fit. I feel like the kiss should be a little later in the video, and I'm not sure how I like the 'prince charming' scene, but overall pretty enjoyable.

Moezy
...So fast...you edit so fast-! This whole mep is gonna end up crazy cute, wow...

EimiJ7
OH WOW, IM NOT THE ONLY ACTION VID COOL. Im really excited to see this one, you're already capturing the song really well! Great energy, please add lots of Tiger because he's the bomb.

Camichan19
If tis isn't a fimal already, it must be pretty darn close. Those ending scenes....aaaguh really good vid. Hits all the right notes for this song.

Evengeline
I feel like the first five seconds are too fast paced for the song [Picky, I know] nut otherwise digging it. Love :07-:16.

This song seems like it would be really hard to do justice to but looks like you've done it! I'm finding the blur transitions really ditracting and think those could be just normal crossfades, I'm not sure if 0:29 is flap or sync so you might want to fix that up, 0:45's "Friend in me" feels like it's fitting too many scenes in there, and 01:17 has some logos that should be removed. I really like that band scene though, woah...

Code
DANG IT CODE I LAUGHED SO HARD I CHOKED. Oh my crap.
Little worried that it's too much magical transformations, Kinda feel those should be saved for "Power in your corner now". Not 100% sure what else you could use...perhaps the scenes of the Magical Girls throughout history? For the big beat after 'ammunition in your hands' I'd also like to see the guns fire.

THIS MEP MAKES ME CAPS LOCK
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hagaren Viper

Postby Camichan19 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:28 am

Thank you very much for the critique, Viper! :D
I suppose I'll run through some reviews too.
Spoiler :
Code: This had me grinning. =D and those beautiful crossfades! (mine always turn out so ugly. xD nice job!) Overall it's looking great so far. Just needs more Kyuubey! :up:
Hamstar:
Les Poissons- DAT LAUGH SYNCH DAT LAUGH SYNCH. :rofl: It is perfect. I'm not a huge fan of the crossfade at 1:02-1:03. It could look smoother with a hard cut, perhaps. Overall this is very nice though. Hilarious concept. xD
Farewell- KANNAAAAAA! ;-; *sobs* Looking beautiful so far- no real complaints. I can't WAIT to see this complete.
Listen w/ your heart- You've got a great flow and atmosphere here. Some crossfades work more effectively than others, those forest ones are gorgeous. The one at 0:25 could possibly do well as a hardcut. Might just be a personal preference in editing though. No real critiques here.
Fathoms Below- Oh, the nostalgia. <3 Looks great.
God Help The Sohma- Not bad. I agree that the clips at 2:20 from the end should be set in a manner that flows clearer with the timing of the song.
Veg:
Tatami Girl- Wow. What a unique source! And quite the match. I love it! <3
Dreamwish- SPARKLES. *W*
Zanzaben:
Fantasmic- Looks quite neat! I love what you did with the hardcuts and the moving on the clock hands. Maybe the length of that zoom transition could be durated a little longer at 0:33 since the music lingers on that note.
HagarenViper
Wreckreation- Oh, it is being wrecked. :awesome:
Wreck It- Nice foil to the other project. No real complaints aside from what you've already pointed out which will be fixed. :up:

and more shall continue soon~ when it isn't 2am. xD;
Camichan19

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Editor Projects