Gamespy has died :(

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Gamespy has died :(

Postby Jasta85 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:31 pm

Just read the announcement here:
http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/122/1227460p1.html

As an exclusively PC gamer I've been a regular visitor to gamespy for years (heck they were a big part of multiplayer PC gaming back in the day). Now rock-paper-shotgun is the only PC gaming website I can turn to anymore. The darkness is rising and winter is coming.
Jasta85

Re: Gamespy has died :(

Postby GloryQuestor » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:44 am

Not just GameSpy. IGN is closing down 1UP and UGO as well. Even though I haven't really been much on UGO, I've been a member of GameSpy for a long time and regularly read 1UP's game reviews, so losing both of those is a big blow. Still, the only problem I saw with GameSpy was that it lost relevance the minute Steam and the Wiki initiative hit the Net. What was once a centralized community of gaming websites and networking had to eventually give way to the more decentralized future and the network with the support of the most commercial third-parties.

Overall, this is sad times, but then again, "the times, they are a changin'". :(
Samurai Warriors Productions
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Video Art Track Department Supervisor
Another Anime Convention - Fan-Works Theater Staff
ImageImage
GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero

Re: Gamespy has died :(

Postby 8bit_samurai » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:30 pm

Oh, wow. IGN too? That used to be my go to place back in the days. Sad times indeed.
Under Construction
8bit_samurai
Hmm...

Return to General Discussion