People badmouthing Vic Mignogna and Jonny Yong Bosch

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime.

Cognitive disconnect is a hell of a drug

Postby trythil » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:32 am

tuxedomarty wrote:THANK YOU! I'm glad there's somebody who commented on this post that isn't rude or a jerk! I respect you.

And yet, you started off with

tuxedomarty wrote:There's also a BS tumblr blog called Vic Mignogna horror stories or some crap which is atrocious. And there's also this stuff about him being man to staff members at anime conventions. I think this is a load of crap as well. These staff members whom he was supposedly mean to were probably a-holes, so serves them right.

tuxedomarty wrote:But I have also noticed that Tiffany Grant and Wendee Lee have also become punching bags in the anime world for whatever reason. *facepalm* What the hell is going on? These are 4 of the most popular and liked anime voice actors ever! Are the people who attack them just d***head weeaboos/wapanese/purists?!?!

If you really wanted to be taken seriously, you should try a less hyperbolic opening.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 512 character limit.
trythil
is

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Cognitive disconnect is a hell of a drug

Postby trythil » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:32 am

tuxedomarty wrote:THANK YOU! I'm glad there's somebody who commented on this post that isn't rude or a jerk! I respect you.

And yet, you started off with

tuxedomarty wrote:There's also a BS tumblr blog called Vic Mignogna horror stories or some crap which is atrocious. And there's also this stuff about him being man to staff members at anime conventions. I think this is a load of crap as well. These staff members whom he was supposedly mean to were probably a-holes, so serves them right.

tuxedomarty wrote:But I have also noticed that Tiffany Grant and Wendee Lee have also become punching bags in the anime world for whatever reason. *facepalm* What the hell is going on? These are 4 of the most popular and liked anime voice actors ever! Are the people who attack them just d***head weeaboos/wapanese/purists?!?!

If you really wanted to be taken seriously, you should try a less hyperbolic opening.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 512 character limit.
trythil
is

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Re: People badmouthing Vic Mignogna and Jonny Yong Bosch

Postby tuxedomarty » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:26 am

So what? What does that have to do with being a jerk or being rude?
I can't stand weeaboos and people who keep badmouthing dubbed anime and say it sucks.
tuxedomarty

Postby aesling » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:51 am

aesling
Mad Scientist

Postby meleechampion » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:53 am

meleechampion

Postby Radical_Yue » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:58 pm

I got no problem with Johnny but Vic is a prick.

This isn't just based on rumors either :/ Our AMV Contest Coordinator had to deal with him one year for the con and he was an uptight asshole the entire time. Not to mention the con heads at another convention (not going to drop the name here) had to deal with his BS too. Parents complaining about him taking young girls into his room and him refusing to do anything he had signed on to do unless he had fricken' rose petals in his toilet. He's a temperamental man-child.
Plus a friend of mine was once in line with someone she knew waiting for autographs. My friend could give a shit less about English dubs but her buddy was into that stuff so she stuck by her. Vic overheard her talking to her friend about why she didn't care for dubs (not ranting and raving, just calmly giving her opinion) and Vic had her removed from the line because "she didn't need to be there".

Johnny on the other hand I would buy a drink for any day. Mother fuckin' water skiing gypsies and shit.
ImageImage
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Postby ZephyrStar » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:43 pm

Yeah, Vic is a royal dbag...his status has certainly gone to his head.

Johnny is an awesome dude though.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby NelTu » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:25 am

I met vic ones at the anime expo in Anaheim, he was nice I talked to him for like 5 min he seemed alright.
Killing you only reduces the number of idiots
Best Site EVAH Clicky! www.adurah.com/img/hp7_spoilers.jpg
NelTu

Postby Mroni » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:20 pm

Well these guys have their fan boys. The sub vs dub war is over it's down right retarded as both come on dvd. If you are from when Vhs was the main medium then Yes it actually meant something because the tapes were 30 bucks a pop. I prefer a good dub over subs any day. It has nothing to do with being lazy I just enjoy the people talking in my native language. Some dubs are Horrible a couple of the most horrid I can think of are Love hina and Mysterious play. Wendy lee was in the love hina dub i think she did like 3 parts it was horrid.
Mroni

Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom

Postby Fall_Child42 » Sat May 04, 2013 2:14 pm

[citation needed]

Fall_Child42
has a rock

Postby Eryl1981 » Thu May 30, 2013 5:48 pm

People can be very irritating and mean when they are jealous. Besides until there is proof, it's only cruel rumors from people who have nothing better to do.

I personally like Vic Mignoga's voice. I watch a ton of anime and he is one of my most favorite voice actors. Never met him personally or any other actor, but everyone has bad days and be rude, crude, or just plain grumpy. So, give these actors a break.

I like dubbed animes though I do watch a lot of subtitles animes. Mainly, the reason I don't like subtitles is because I'm an American and can't understand Japanese. Subtitles are okay, but they distract from the action and facial expressions.
Eryl1981

Postby hasteroth » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:15 pm

ITT Vic fanboys :D
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.
hasteroth
lost the bet

Postby Athena » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:24 am

Vic's a great actor, but his con behavior is sometimes questionable.

Isn't that true of all of us? I certainly had my share of bad behavior which is inappropriate in the extreme now as I work as an interpreter for JP guests.

Dunno the other guy.
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby yuppa » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:43 am

I have yet to meet either of them two guys yet. Although I am sure they cannot be as big a ass as jim lee was. Yeha I know jim lee is a comics guy But he was asshole a numbah 1. Assholes are from all over and come from all walks of life.
END OF LINE
Once king of noobs...now king nothing!!
yuppa

Previous

Return to General Anime