Amv's from HeardYouLikeAMV's getting copied?

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime Music Videos.

Amv's from HeardYouLikeAMV's getting copied?

Postby Usui Takumi » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:15 am

I was searching for an AMV by HeardYouLikeAMV's and clicked on it mistaking it for the channel. I late saw that it was some other channel. It had the same, EXACTLY SAME amv. So i'm just asking if they are copying or u'll are linked or what? Cus even their vid download link was same... :up:
Usui Takumi

Re: Amv's from HeardYouLikeAMV's getting copied?

Postby Otohiko » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:19 am

What video are you talking about and where?
Otohiko

Postby Animated » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:54 am

HeardYouLikeAMVs is a channel that gathers the best videos from the .org and other places, and simply shows it to the world. Since it has thousands of subscribers, I just call this promoting and not "stealing and keeping for my channel". Also, they always give you credit, straight stuff.
Animated
Drama Text Cop

Postby Ileia » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:57 am

Yeah, same as what Animated said. If you read the info on the video in question, the copy on HeardYouLikeAMVs' channel will list the editor who actually made the AMV. The link is usually where that editor posted it originally.
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby AceD » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:43 pm

Usui Takumi wrote:I was searching for an AMV by HeardYouLikeAMV's and clicked on it mistaking it for the channel. I late saw that it was some other channel. It had the same, EXACTLY SAME amv. So i'm just asking if they are copying or u'll are linked or what? Cus even their vid download link was same... :up:
Sounds like something suspicious is going on... :up:
AceD
I AM THE BEST

Postby JuckleJack » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:04 pm

HeardYouLikeAMV's and similiar channels such as HeardYouLikeEcchi are ran by people who gather AMV's and post them on a single channel. To be honest I don't approve of this even though they give the author credit. Reason being is because the original author usually never gets nearly as many views as the re-uploaded copy.
JuckleJack

Postby AceD » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:57 pm

JuckleJack wrote:HeardYouLikeAMV's and similiar channels such as HeardYouLikeEcchi are ran by people who gather AMV's and post them on a single channel. To be honest I don't approve of this even though they give the author credit. Reason being is because the original author usually never gets nearly as many views as the re-uploaded copy.
Of course, that's because aside from some people getting a bit lucky now and again...youtube is all about statistics. Your reason is that of a dummy, think about it.

Heardyoulikeamvs seems to have around 13-17k subscribers roughly on the channels hes active on, out of those i'd assume around 5-6k are active subs.
Let's use Ileia as the author, 2.6k subscribers....probably around 800-1k are active subs.

From the get go, the copy will get seen by more people, which means it will spread faster, it will rank higher in youtubes system (searches/related videos), it will keep getting views as time goes on. So let's then say we go 6months down the line....the video has 100k views. What you saying is if the copy didn't exist, Ileia would of had the 100k views, he stole her 100k views!!11. No, impossible. Ileia didn't have the base to begin with for the video to grow into the position it has gotten...in all likeliness the video would stay below 10k views forever....unless some luck comes into play. On the contrary though, some people will trickle down from the copy, onto the original. So the original will actually do better with a copy up than it would if it wasn't.
AceD
I AM THE BEST

Postby Ileia » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:33 pm

^ Yep. Views are views, it doesn't matter to me whose copy has more, it's still /my/ video.

Plus, my channel gets suspended about once a year and I have to start a new one from scratch, even my current channel is only about a year and a half old. It's nice to always have copies so people can find them. I'm also not particularly active, so almost all of my subscribers are from people who found my videos through a HeardYouLikeAMVs or BestAMVsofalltime channel. I can tell when they've uploaded a video of mine because I get a sudden surge of subscribers each time.
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby Pwolf » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:37 pm

showoff
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby Animated » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:44 pm

Ileia wrote:I can tell when they've uploaded a video of mine because I get a sudden surge of subscribers each time.

Whoa, today I got a dozen of subscribers... so after reading the comments above, I checked Youtube (5 minutes ago) and yes, NeverEnoughEpicAMVs3 uploaded my CDVV Contest Video this morning. Ileia speaks of the truth.
Animated
Drama Text Cop

Postby Pwolf » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:47 pm

Heardyoulikeamvs uploads my collab with ileia and she gets a ton of subs... i get zero D: (subzero?) no love for pwolf.

I also dont upload AMVs to my channel >.>
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby JaddziaDax » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:54 pm

There is a bit of controversy on this. Some people don't mind, some people do mind.
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby Ileia » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:16 pm

Pwolf wrote:Heardyoulikeamvs uploads my collab with ileia and she gets a ton of subs... i get zero D: (subzero?) no love for pwolf.

I also dont upload AMVs to my channel >.>

Nuh uh because you got subscribers when I linked to your channel...and I got those subscribers from HeardYoulikeAMVs....
....so by the transitive property, you got subscribers from HeardYouLIkeAMVs.
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby Radical_Yue » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:05 am

Fuck!

Note to self: Start caring about views and e-penis rankings on youtube.

I'll never keep up with the kids these days at this rate D:
ImageImage
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Postby Kisagi » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:14 am

True, true, subscribers usually comes from who ever has the most subscribers and views and links to your channel. Though, it's kind of weird that they sub you because of just one video they saw. I've seen people just make one video and HeardYouLikeAMV's uploaded the persons video then that person got like 200 or more subs in like less than three days. Like really? people want to sub because one video turned out to be popular somehow? I would understand if the editor had many, but just one really does amazes me.
Kisagi

Next

Return to General AMV