The Happy Thread

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Re: The Happy Thread

Postby Kimberly » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:45 am

Past two days have been too awesome <3
ImageImage
User avatar
Kimberly
Kardashian
 
Joined: 18 Sep 2004

Re: The Happy Thread

Postby Taite » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:31 am

Saw Silver Linings Playbook and holy crap. :bzz: <3 <3 <3 :bzz2: |:> :up: :sorcerer: First time I've been to the movies in a couple years, but I'm so glad I went, seriously needed that. I was losing faith in Hollywood because I've pretty much bought every new dvd release for years, and the last good one that stands out to me was Avatar.
This movie though... shiiiiit. I'm gunna buy the fuck out of that dvd when it comes out and it'll be one of the few that get scratches on it, for darn sure.
Image Image
User avatar
Taite
 
Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Location: Colorado

Re: The Happy Thread

Postby Pwolf » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:53 am

Really want to see what one. Been on a movie watching hiatus since I saw Les Mis'.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
User avatar
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
 
Joined: 03 May 2001
Location: Some where in California, I forgot :\

Re: The Happy Thread

Postby Kimberly » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:13 am

Pwolf wrote:Really want to see what one. Been on a movie watching hiatus since I saw Les Mis'.

The last movie I saw in theatres was The Amazing Spider-Man... :uhoh: Last one on DVD was The Possession, which sucked D:
ImageImage
User avatar
Kimberly
Kardashian
 
Joined: 18 Sep 2004

Re: The Happy Thread

Postby Chez » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:10 pm

XXMMEENNNN COOMMICCSSS
Image I stream and stuff o.o
User avatar
Chez
Not Mexican
 
Joined: 30 May 2008
Location: Texas
Status: Who am I?

Re: The Happy Thread

Postby JaddziaDax » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:39 pm

Netflix O.O
User avatar
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
 
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Location: somewhere i think O.o
Status: I has a TRU Arceus

Re: The Happy Thread

Postby Radical_Yue » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:42 pm

Finally finished checking the No-Effects category. 2,273 videos and almost over half of them had effects. :bear:
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose
 
Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Status: The flamer with heart of gold~<3

Re: The Happy Thread

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:29 am

Helped some friends with a cool DIY project yesterday. It's a gaming table topper - a low-height table that goes on top of a regular height table so you have space underneath for dice, food, character sheets, etc and a full whiteboard surface up top for drawing up encounters, a battle mat, etc. I used some of the leftover lighting kits from my trophy display case project to add lighting under the thing. They're multi-color LED strips, so we can set colors based on situation. Really adds an atmosphere to a game. Can't wait to give it a propper trial run this weekend - it looks great.
User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
 
Joined: 14 Sep 2004
Location: Merrimack, NH
Status: Extreeeeeeeeeme

Re: The Happy Thread

Postby ngsilver » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:12 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Helped some friends with a cool DIY project yesterday. It's a gaming table topper - a low-height table that goes on top of a regular height table so you have space underneath for dice, food, character sheets, etc and a full whiteboard surface up top for drawing up encounters, a battle mat, etc. I used some of the leftover lighting kits from my trophy display case project to add lighting under the thing. They're multi-color LED strips, so we can set colors based on situation. Really adds an atmosphere to a game. Can't wait to give it a propper trial run this weekend - it looks great.

That sounds really awesome. I wanna see pics of it in use.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
User avatar
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy
 
Joined: 28 Jun 2003
Location: Detroit area
Status: Calm Your Miniature Colorful Horses

Re: The Happy Thread

Postby Otohiko » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:58 pm

Narrowly averted a major tech disaster in my class by having a spare SD card on me for some random reason. Our tech assistant forgot to put a memory card into the camera we use to record student presentations, and without the recording the whole class would've been fucken pointless.

I guess "whew, dodged that one!" counts as a happy occasion, right? :P
Otohiko
 
Joined: 05 May 2003

Re: The Happy Thread

Postby meleechampion » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:19 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:Finally finished checking the No-Effects category. 2,273 videos and almost over half of them had effects. :bear:

There's gotta be a way to... you know... like, crowd source this.
User avatar
meleechampion
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Status: Since when did we get statuses?

Re: The Happy Thread

Postby ngsilver » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:05 am

The plumbing issue at home has finally been fixed. After living in fear of both sewage and weeping systems backing up into my room and the whole basement, having to live with maybe 1 shower a week, limited dish washing and usage, and doing laundry at friends houses (and sometimes showering if I can) for the last 4 months I can finally get back to living more normally and cleanly again. I had a nice time at the hotel since Thursday since I had to break down my bedroom in order to allow the plumbers to tear apart the floor in order to fix the broken pipes. There was a lot of hard work that went into putting my room back together and cleaning up after the plumbers yesterday after work. But in the end, being able to sleep in my own bed again and not having to cover up the smell of sewage with Yankee Candles was priceless.

Now if only management at work can get their heads out of their asses and actually make up their mind about the damn budget so I can finally discuss my pay rate for my new job I'd be ecstatic.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
User avatar
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy
 
Joined: 28 Jun 2003
Location: Detroit area
Status: Calm Your Miniature Colorful Horses

Re: The Happy Thread

Postby Fire_Starter » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:29 pm

Very close friend of mine is moving back to the area soon. The circumstances around the move are rather crap, but she's excited to be coming back to a town that she'll always call home. Soon as she finds a job & a place, the truck gets loaded up and the trek begins. Got to have dinner with her last weekend, and we're going running on Saturday morning before probably spending the day lounging around the coffee shop while she paints and I write. Good times :)

And after forever & a day, I finally came across a paid voiceover job this past week. Nothing fancy, but it worked to a really nice hourly rate. Hopefully it leads to more, since that's what I really want to do for a living. More like this and I can start thinking about building my studio, which would help me get even bigger contracts.

So all in all, it's been a rather awesome past couple of weeks despite the annoyances & stress at work. :)
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010
User avatar
Fire_Starter
 
Joined: 26 Mar 2004
Status: Dictator Emeritus: Samarui Warrierz Prodstudios

Re: The Happy Thread

Postby Castor Troy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:09 pm

Finally going to E3 this year thanks to Hitori and his crew from Team Kaizen Games. Check them out! http://teamkaizengames.com/

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) |:> |:> |:> |:> |:> |:> :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz2: :bzz2: :bzz2: :bzz2: :bzz2:
Image
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2001
Location: California
Status: Retired from AMVs

Re: The Happy Thread

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:28 pm

ngsilver wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:Helped some friends with a cool DIY project yesterday. It's a gaming table topper - a low-height table that goes on top of a regular height table so you have space underneath for dice, food, character sheets, etc and a full whiteboard surface up top for drawing up encounters, a battle mat, etc. I used some of the leftover lighting kits from my trophy display case project to add lighting under the thing. They're multi-color LED strips, so we can set colors based on situation. Really adds an atmosphere to a game. Can't wait to give it a propper trial run this weekend - it looks great.

That sounds really awesome. I wanna see pics of it in use.

I'll take some this weekend.

On another note - my manager has pulled me aside and told me people are impressed with my work lately 3 separate times in the past month. :D
User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
 
Joined: 14 Sep 2004
Location: Merrimack, NH
Status: Extreeeeeeeeeme

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: UnluckyArtist and 1 guest