Carnival Phantasm

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Re: Carnival Phantasm

Postby Scintilla » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:38 pm

Mods please append:

Chez wrote:Its not over its an OVA series so the next 4 eps will be taking a while, but will be out eventually. Its kinda like the Hellsing OVA series.

Release date is 10/28 for "season" 2. They'd better show those "date everyone" schemes...!
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby ibabrak » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:45 pm

ep5:
Man that was hearttaking.. I mean who would have thought that Berseker was such an caring person... no really, I loled pretty hard everytime he beat up lancer with subtitle with meaning that he won't forget about his friend.
Also, Berseker second "Noble Phantasm" was pretty awsome

ep6:
I'm sorry, Master. I may have carelessly neglected the use of brakes.
Don't ride a freaking bike indoors in the first place, Rider!
But my riding skills are ranked A+.

But what made me laugh the hardest was Archer's speach in ep3 about blu-ray records. Not to mention that Archer's personality itself is totally hilarious in Carnival Phantasm. :awesome:
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby Jasta85 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:01 pm

yep, definitely happy to see this back again, ep 5 was the best one since ep 1 (rider does get the short end of the stick in the VN's lol), I kind of missed some of the inside jokes of ep 6 (probably a lot of it has to do with fan reactions to them).

btw, what happened to the triple date with shiro that was supposed to happen after ep 4
Jasta85

Postby Jasta85 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:26 pm

ep 7 up, nothing fancy, but the dere castor love story was cute, and chaos getting raped by arcueid heh. if this ova is only 8 eps they only have 1 more to put in the group date
Jasta85

Postby Scintilla » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:09 pm

Jasta85 wrote:ep 7 up, nothing fancy, but the dere castor love story was cute, and chaos getting raped by arcueid heh. if this ova is only 8 eps they only have 1 more to put in the group date

There's a 3rd "season" coming out in December, so the 8th episode won't be the last. It's been speculated that that season will have more Tsukihime/MB stuff in it, as that's the one that's being bundled with Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code for the limited edition release, IIRC.

Given what they said on UTW's website about episode 7 having the only Tsukihime segment in this batch, I'm guessing we won't see the group date until December, but I don't really mind at this point because the rest of it is still so amusing.
ImageImage
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby ibabrak » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:58 am

oh man! Ep 8 was really great. From Gilgamesh's arrival onward was complete awesomeness.
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby Jasta85 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:10 pm

yep, it's late here right now so I was trying to hold back my laughter to not wake up the others, good ep to end the latest "season".

This should be a model for all OVA's, most of them are random action or random fanservice, more humor like this is needed
Jasta85

Postby Chez » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:36 pm

I agree humor is always nice to have but it depends on the show. I wish this type of good consideration and character animation was present in typemoons past. Now to watch episode 8! Also Sakura ep is my favorite so far.
Image I stream and stuff o.o
Chez
Not Mexican

Postby Jasta85 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:13 pm

for any who thought this stretch was over, there is a bonus ep, Ilya's Castle, pretty original, living up to the carnival phantasm name
Jasta85

Postby Chez » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:28 am

NEED TO CATCH UP!! this should be done me thinks but new eps are out!!!
Chez
Not Mexican

Postby Jasta85 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:44 am

was waiting for someone else to post lol, ep 12 came out a day or two ago (harem date ep finally). This really was more like a series rather than an OVA
Jasta85

Postby Scintilla » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:48 am

BEST GAG SERIES EVER. Only thing it was missing was some kind of opportunity for interaction between Kotomine and Nrvnqsr (or Neko-Arc Chaos).

Same place next decade?
ImageImage
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby ibabrak » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:20 pm

yay, they actually made ep with that multi date... and it was great!
I'm really sad that this ended :(

oh and someone else notice Rider from Fate/Zero in episode 12? There for... give us another Phantasm with Zero! :D
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby Chez » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:57 pm

Freaking awesome and seeing walcruied was awesome also all the end cameos where awesome and...well time to buy the show...
Chez
Not Mexican

Postby Jasta85 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:20 pm

a special season ep came with the blue ray release, yea! a little reminder of how awesome this OVA was

and aparently they're doing some knockoff type moon series called Koha-Ace (I thought that was just a doujin series). Even the ep makes fun of how they decided to make that instead of melty blood or a tsukihime remake
Jasta85

Previous

Return to Anime Series Discussion