What are you playing?

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Re: What are you playing?

Postby Pwolf » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:01 am

Kerbal Space Program. Updated to the latest version, lots of cool stuff now.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby Kristyrat » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:19 am

Just finished Halo 4 Legendary Solo, first Halo game I've done that on.

Got Darksiders back when THQ had their humble bundle, and picked up Dead Island during the Steam Holiday Sale.

Also Minecraft.
Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin

Postby double v » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:44 pm

tetris battle gaiden...
the competition is ferocious on my side of the globe...
only one way...
double v

Postby NS » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:25 pm

Pokemon White, finally got it :3
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Postby CodeZTM » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:58 pm

tonight, Farcry 3, FINALLY. :)

Been casually playing a randomizer FireRed/LeafGreen on my laptop. Nuzlocke Pokemon Diamond too, but those are more or less just for when I'm traveling or not in front of anything else.

Also, tomorrow Mother 3 speedrun for the "New Year's Bomb". XD
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby Castor Troy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:21 pm

X-Com Enemy Unknown.

I loved the original on PC and the remake is pretty good too.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby NS » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:36 pm

CodeZTM wrote:tonight, Farcry 3, FINALLY. :)

Been casually playing a randomizer FireRed/LeafGreen on my laptop. Nuzlocke Pokemon Diamond too, but those are more or less just for when I'm traveling or not in front of anything else.

Also, tomorrow Mother 3 speedrun for the "New Year's Bomb". XD

I nuzlocked Leaf Green and Ruby. I Forgot how much I liked ruby. Gonna Nuzlocke White when I've beaten it, I've found it to be more challenging so far then the others, I like how they switched up the gyms
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Postby Fay-Sa » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Well I got a working NES (a nice little top loader) so I can finally play those games my grandpa left me. Well...the ones that work at least. They weren't kept in the best condition before I got them and sadly most of them do not work. So out of the ones that do I've been playing the original Legend of Zelda(which I suck at), Little Nemo: Dream Master, Mega Man 2(also suck at), and Faxanadu.

Also been playing LoZ:Wind Waker. Wind Waker was my 1st Zelda game so it nice to finally own it and able to play it again. I recently picked up SMT:Nocturne for the PS2 as well so I'll be starting on that soon.

Looking forward to later this month with Ni No Kuni.
Fay-Sa
Chasing Crimson Butterflies

Postby CodeZTM » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:22 pm

Fay-Sa wrote:I recently picked up SMT:Nocturne for the PS2 as well so I'll be starting on that soon.

That's a good game. :up:
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby GloryQuestor » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:12 pm

Building Lakeview Manor in Skyrim. I decided on the Library wing (so I have a good place to hoard books finally ^^), the Alchemy Laboratory, and some extra bedroom space. For being a relatively "small" addition to Skyrim, Hearthfire really is turning out to be pretty cool. Although, Lakeview apparently is sitting right next to a Giant creature spawn point... -_-;

Also focusing on Ys Origin. I've been a fan of the Ys series since the PC games way back when, and this prequel has some excellent play value to it. Now if only we could get a re-release of The Ark of Napishtim...
Samurai Warriors Productions
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Video Art Track Department Supervisor
Another Anime Convention - Fan-Works Theater Staff
ImageImage
GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero

Postby Jaydens » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:10 am

I'v played so many games to till date but Angry Birds is my favorite game of all and currently playing the same game online at my pc.
Jaydens

Postby Ijexis » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:50 am

CodeZTM wrote:
Fay-Sa wrote:I recently picked up SMT:Nocturne for the PS2 as well so I'll be starting on that soon.

I agree, that is an amazing game. I have been scratching a recent JRPG itch I've had and have been playing Persona 4 Golden and Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention. Picked up Resonance of Fate and Valkyria Chronicles also. Also planning on getting Ragnarok Odyssey sometime soon.
Ijexis

Postby Jwalk0 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:39 pm

Ijexis wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:

I agree, that is an amazing game. I have been scratching a recent JRPG itch I've had and have been playing Persona 4 Golden and Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention. Picked up Resonance of Fate and Valkyria Chronicles also. Also planning on getting Ragnarok Odyssey sometime soon.

Resonance Of Fate

Copped the PS3 version of Resonance Of Fate on Christmas Eve and just beat it this morning around 6 before I went to class. One of the most original JRPGs I've ever played in my life. The reviews have been mostly good but it's a sin that most people haven't played it. After 72 hours I highly enjoyed it.

Only 3 characters you play as but they are highly customizable level progession wise and attire wise and the storyline for them and the overall plot is like a steampunked version of Cowboy Bebop/Samurai Champloo where it tells their backstories and the plot little by little after each of the 16 chapters. Story's a great mix of comedy and drama along with some romance and I liked the fact that they threw in some Christianity in the mix. The graphics for the characters and certain environments are highly detailed but there are some mediocre, dull, and repetitive dungeon designs, didn't bother me much. You can spend hours customizing your weapons with it's lego-like system, music's hit or miss but this game is custom music enabled which was a HUGE plus to me. Sidequests are everywhere, I was so glad most of 'em aren't like most JRPGs where after you do most NPCs' requests you immediately receive the reward instead of backtracking to the NPCs for them. The world maps has a fresh spin on them where you use puzzle hexes to open the different world maps as you travel by receiving them from the enemies and NPCs. Sorta like Banjo-Kazooie. And the battle system.................GOOD LORD the battle system is so righteous and original for the JRPG genre, best aspect of the game period. Strategy mixed with real time action with a hyped up twist, I'll just say The Matrix and leave that alone.

I'm done. If you haven't played this, play it. Of the 2010 JRPGs that came out, I still like Nier the most, but I liked ROF slightly more than FF13. One of the best JRPGs from the Sega brand along with Panzer Dragoon Saga, Skies Of Arcadia, Valkyria Chronicles, the Phantasy Star series and others.
"Someday humankind will come to understand one another! I sincerely believe that!" Fei Fong Wong
"We live to make the impossible possible! That is our Focus!" Claire 'Lightning' Farron
"Believe in yourself, and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." Toonami

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way.
Image Image
Jwalk0

Postby Ijexis » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:56 pm

Jwalk0 wrote:Resonance Of Fate
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/resonance-of-fate-new-character.jpg

Copped the PS3 version of Resonance Of Fate on Christmas Eve and just beat it this morning around 6 before I went to class. One of the most original JRPGs I've ever played in my life. The reviews have been mostly good but it's a sin that most people haven't played it. After 72 hours I highly enjoyed it.

Only 3 characters you play as but they are highly customizable level progession wise and attire wise and the storyline for them and the overall plot is like a steampunked version of Cowboy Bebop/Samurai Champloo where it tells their backstories and the plot little by little after each of the 16 chapters. Story's a great mix of comedy and drama along with some romance and I liked the fact that they threw in some Christianity in the mix. The graphics for the characters and certain environments are highly detailed but there are some mediocre, dull, and repetitive dungeon designs, didn't bother me much. You can spend hours customizing your weapons with it's lego-like system, music's hit or miss but this game is custom music enabled which was a HUGE plus to me. Sidequests are everywhere, I was so glad most of 'em aren't like most JRPGs where after you do most NPCs' requests you immediately receive the reward instead of backtracking to the NPCs for them. The world maps has a fresh spin on them where you use puzzle hexes to open the different world maps as you travel by receiving them from the enemies and NPCs. Sorta like Banjo-Kazooie. And the battle system.................GOOD LORD the battle system is so righteous and original for the JRPG genre, best aspect of the game period. Strategy mixed with real time action with a hyped up twist, I'll just say The Matrix and leave that alone.

I'm done. If you haven't played this, play it. Of the 2010 JRPGs that came out, I still like Nier the most, but I liked ROF slightly more than FF13. One of the best JRPGs from the Sega brand along with Panzer Dragoon Saga, Skies Of Arcadia, Valkyria Chronicles, the Phantasy Star series and others.

Yeah, I've heard quite a few good things about it, one of my friends got Plat on the PS3 version and loved it enough to get it on the 360 to do it all over again. Have been meaning to get it for a while now, especially when I saw the trailer for it at a booth at a con and thought the gameplay looked pretty slick but it just never happened until now. Sadly going to have to hold off on starting it since I'm trying to finish Atelier Rorona and Tales of Graces f before Ni no Kuni comes out. So many RPGs to play, it's a bit daunting but I guess I'll look at it as having a nice backlog ready for when the Summer Drought hits. On the Steam side of things, got The Binding of Isaac gifted to me by a co-worker and have been enjoying that as well.
Ijexis

Postby ngsilver » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:30 am

While I was visiting my parents I decided to try some Heroes of Might and Magic 5. I've always enjoyed the Heroes series and played all of them up to 3 (maybe 4, but I don't remember, it was a long time ago.) I enjoyed what I played of it. When searching online and found that there was a 6 already and I could get 1-5 plus the expansions in one bundle. So I used the amazon gift cards I got for xmas and picked up all 6 games and the expansions. 6 came in the mail yesterday and the 1-5 collection should be waiting for me when I get home. It'll be fun to go back through starting with Heroes 1 and playing each game. I am interested in what changes were made as of 6 cuz' I hear they did away with the large number of resources, it'll be fun seeing how that will play out.

Oh, and since I beat AC3 I decided it was high time to go back and start playing some of my PS1 RPGs I've been neglecting. So first up on my list is Lunar 2. I forgot how unforgiving that game is with the first dungeon if you don't spend time leveling in the first area. I died 3 times before I remembered that I can save anywhere and actually started saving frequently. Lost a good 2 hours of gameplay due to that ^^()
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion