Pardon me if this has been done before.
But I'm trying to get a new PC built, after about 8-10 years of putting up with 1,5GB RAM and 150GB of HD space. Imagine having to edit with that. >.< Explains why I have a pile of unfinished projects, lol... I'm a complete PC noob, so I would like some opinions on what specs should I be going with? I also play games such as Aion, so great graphics is a must. I wouldn't want exaggerated specs though, and be spending extra money on something that would be unnecessary.
Here are the specs so far:
1. Intel Desktop Board DZ68DB - Media Series - motherboard - ATX - LGA1155 Socket - Z68 - USB 3.0, FireWire - Gigabit LAN - onboard graphics (CPU required) - HD Audio (10-channel)
2. Intel Core i5 3570K - 3.4 GHz - 4 cores - 4 threads - 6 MB cache - LGA1155 Socket – Box Ref: BX80637I53570K
3. Kingston ValueRAM - Memory - 8 GB : 2 x 4 GB - DIMM 240-pin - DDR3 - 1333 MHz / PC3-10600 - CL9 - 1.5 V - unbuffered - non-ECC
4. Corsair Builder Series CX500 V2 - Power supply ( internal ) - ATX12V 2.3 - 80 PLUS Bronze - AC 90-264 V - 500 Watt - active PFC - Europe
5. Western Digital 2TB 5400rpm 64mb Cache 3.5 inch Green Caviar
6. Liteon 22x DVD Writer Dual Layer
7. EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti 2GB 1080p - Full HD 7.1 HD Surround Sound DDR 5 Full Directx Support PCI- Express 2.0 VGA card
8. Corsair Force Series 3 - Solid state drive - 120 GB - internal - 2.5" - SATA-600 + Mountable kit
Would an SSD be worth its price? I would like to have 2 separate hard drives, one for storage and another to run the OS & Programs on. The HD for storage will be a Western Digital 2 TB Green Caviar. I'm struggling to decide whether or not to buy an SSD to run the OS and Programs on, considering I could buy a 2 TB black caviar with that money. But I'd prefer something that is both silent and speedy.
What are your computer specs?
Help and opinions would be muchly appreciated!