I can honestly say... I had no idea where to put this.

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime Music Videos.

I can honestly say... I had no idea where to put this.

Postby Iron Solari » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:52 pm

So... I've been dabbling around with AMVs, editing, various programs, and such to figure out which aspect of it all interests me the most. While I was playing with the literally hundreds of songs/trailers I went through, I realized one thing. I really enjoy doing Lip Syncing. The problem is, is lip syncing really even considered AMV? It's just making their mouths say the words in the audio really.

Some of my examples: http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee

Also, Hurray for getting a youtube, I suppose :dino: .

I know, I know, it's all for fun and stuff, but I feel like I can't share these here because they aren't actually AMVs.
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous
Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010

Re: I can honestly say... I had no idea where to put this.

Postby Rider4Z » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:25 pm

Iron Solari wrote:So... I've been dabbling around with AMVs, editing, various programs, and such to figure out which aspect of it all interests me the most. While I was playing with the literally hundreds of songs/trailers I went through, I realized one thing. I really enjoy doing Lip Syncing. The problem is, is lip syncing really even considered AMV? It's just making their mouths say the words in the audio really.

Some of my examples: http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee

Also, Hurray for getting a youtube, I suppose :dino: .

I know, I know, it's all for fun and stuff, but I feel like I can't share these here because they aren't actually AMVs.

clicking that link just took me to my own stuff.
Image Image
Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby Athena » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:38 pm

Non AMVs should be announced in General Discussion.
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby Iron Solari » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:45 pm

Kionon wrote:Non AMVs should be announced in General Discussion.

Alright, I'll remember that from now on, and my apologies on that stupid link.
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous
Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010

Postby Iron Solari » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:45 pm

-Anonymous
Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010

Postby Rider4Z » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:03 pm

not bad. i suggest viewing and as examples of what i consider excellent lip syncing. notice how not only do the mouth movements match and flow, but also the body movements as well. some people forget that fluid body movements are important in making lip sync look natural.

good practice, but as stand alone videos they're not that impressive. you might try making a full length trailer. those you ARE allowed to post/upload here :D also, what programs do you have access to? if you are able, you can cut and paste mouths from different scenes entirely if you don't have just the right shape. check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwFMqIMXf10 at 2:59. the original scene has no mouth movement whatsoever, but because of clever cutting in photoshop i was able to take other existing mouths in the anime and placed them accordingly.
Image Image
Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby Ileia » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:35 pm

Iron Solari wrote:
Kionon wrote:Non AMVs should be announced in General Discussion.

Alright, I'll remember that from now on, and my apologies on that stupid link.

Non-AMV = non-anime. You're fine, no worries.

Additionally,

Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby Athena » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:48 pm

I was on my phone, so I didn't click the link, but since he said they weren't AMVs, my presumption (possibly false) was that the source was non-anime.
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:33 pm

Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2014 & Head of the AAC Fan-works Theater - follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AACFanTheater
:sorcerer: :sorcerer: |RD: "Oh, Action!" (side-by-side) | |
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby Iron Solari » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:58 pm

Rider4Z wrote:not bad. i suggest viewing and as examples of what i consider excellent lip syncing. notice how not only do the mouth movements match and flow, but also the body movements as well. some people forget that fluid body movements are important in making lip sync look natural.

good practice, but as stand alone videos they're not that impressive. you might try making a full length trailer. those you ARE allowed to post/upload here :D also, what programs do you have access to? if you are able, you can cut and paste mouths from different scenes entirely if you don't have just the right shape. check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwFMqIMXf10 at 2:59. the original scene has no mouth movement whatsoever, but because of clever cutting in photoshop i was able to take other existing mouths in the anime and placed them accordingly.

Yeah, I just cut out some of the parts of the videos I was working on and tossed them up there to see what you guys thought, don't worry, they are part of a bigger picture. And yes, I love to photoshop stuff into the video and make it look natural, it's so tricky and sly. Also I use Premiere Pro CS6, AE CS6, and Photoshop CS6, however I have access to just about all of the full adobe products...

And thanks Ileia for some videos of examples. I should try something like them. :shark:

Often times I find myself without any ideas on where I can spring forward, and I just stupidly realized I should ask in AMV Suggestions for ideas sometime, maybe somebody has a good vision that they can't do themselves and I could... or something like that.
-Anonymous
Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010

Postby Radical_Yue » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:51 am

A million times these. Seriously, haunter103 is easily the best lip sync editor I've ever seen. He can't be beat.
ImageImage
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Postby Iron Solari » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:57 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:

A million times these. Seriously, haunter103 is easily the best lip sync editor I've ever seen. He can't be beat.

I'd say challenge accepted but I am still just a mere noob.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED (at some point in the future)
-Anonymous
Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010

Postby chaosgod357 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:39 pm

I'm working on a project right now where I am trying to get the girl parts of the songs lip synced up anyway if I can't do it myself maybe we can tag team it as a MEP I don't want to reveal the song or the anime just yet but if it comes up as a total fail on my part I will let you know
ChaosGod Productions
TheOrg: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... id=1096519
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaosGodProductions
<3 AMV Editors Don't Die We Multiply!!
chaosgod357

Location: Always running away but no matter how far I go there I am

Postby Iron Solari » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:56 pm

By all means, shoot me a PM.
-Anonymous
Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010

Postby chaosgod357 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:04 pm

Sure thing... I'm up to the first part of the girl singing now if it takes me more than an hour to try to get 10 seconds done lol I will surely pm you thanks =D
ChaosGod Productions
TheOrg: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... id=1096519
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaosGodProductions
<3 AMV Editors Don't Die We Multiply!!
chaosgod357

Location: Always running away but no matter how far I go there I am

Next

Return to General AMV