Mixing two anime into one

Uchihanosasuke
Org Profile

Mixing two anime into one

Post by Uchihanosasuke » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:42 am

Hey guyzz forgive me if i m posting this in the wrong forum but my problem is that i just saw the AMV N-EVER http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKM0zc33t60.
in the making photo i saw the editor mix some anime footage's in one frame......How do they do it ?? using photoshop , AE , or some other editor ??
Thanx in advance :D

Brad
Org Profile

Re: Mixing two anime into one

Post by Brad » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:14 pm

Just checked out the video and the making of graphic. While there's any number of programs that can pull this off, it's quite likely that the creator used After Effects. Basically its just a matter of rotoscoping (or masking. However you like to say it) one footage, then putting it on top of another piece of footage. Now, that's a very simplified way of putting it, since there's way more going on here than just that. He's also color correcting, compositing using other procedurally generated effects or textures, etc. But, the #1 thing to be aware of is the creativity. To be honest, the technical side of it, while impressive, is something anybody can learn to do. The hard part is actually deciding "what do I really want/need this shot to look like to get my story/tone/mood/etc. across?" If the video didn't have those things going on, then it would fall flat. And the fact that many people would be able to watch the video and just assume that most of it was all from one anime, is a mark of success.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Re: Mixing two anime into one

Post by Eake4 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:16 am

Look up masking techniques or rotoscoping online for your specific program to see if it can do it. Many programs can do this, I recommend masking on Vegas, Premiere or After Effects (any similar programs is fine too).

Return to “Video Editing Software”