evil0verlady wrote:I'm new here, just arrived from YouTube and I'm trying to learn my way around. I've looked up various guides, but I still have questions.
1. How do you "subscribe" to someone? YT has a feature that allows you to subscribe to someone - you can receive updates in the email when that person has uploaded a new video. I've come across the "Alert Log" but I'm a little unclear as to how it works. How is "online" different from "daily," for instance?
2. How does the private message system work here?
3. How are MEPs run?
I was also wondering if this site has had any run-ins with Nihon Ad Systems (NAS). They've gone after my Yu-Gi-Oh! AMVs on YouTube, which is why I'm moving my Yu-Gi-Oh! AMVs here.
Thank you for your time.
Hi and welcome!
1) That would be "My Alerts" on this site - go to a user's profile page, and you will see a "Add user to My Alerts" link right under their profile picture. Click that, and it will take you to the alerts menu, including options for when it will email you or alert you on the site. The system is a little clunky at the moment since the site is long overdue for a design, but it mostly does what it's supposed to while that redesign is still in the works....
2) That's a forum thing. The easiest way to send a PM someone is to hit the "PM" button under their post in the forum. Your inbox/outbox/etc. are at the top of the forum, where it says "0 new messages" (or more than 0 if you already have PMs), and you can read/reply/compose messages from there.
3) Depends on the MEP. We have an MEP forum where many of these are organized: viewforum.php?f=37
There is some good advice on the running of MEPs there as well, although it hasn't been updated for a bit.
We haven't had any run-ins with NAS as far as I know. The only exception on the .org that was imposed on us is from Windup Records, which prevents AMVs with music by Evanescence, Creed and Seether from being uploaded to the site (though they can still be listed in the catalogue and linked off-site).
Hope this helps!