Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

Postby Flame-X » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:05 pm

There's no release date set for the 2nd movie DVD. Probably have to wait half a year or so.
Flame-X

Postby Ishbalan » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:30 am

Raw is out for the second movie. Watching tonight with friends. If I dont post again, you can assume my balls exploded from the awesome and I died of shock and blood loss.
Ishbalan

Postby Enigma » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Ishbalan wrote:Raw is out for the second movie. Watching tonight with friends. If I dont post again, you can assume my balls exploded from the awesome and I died of shock and blood loss.

:shock:

/ghets
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid

Postby EkaCoralian » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:18 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the two movies basically just recaps of the TV series? o_o;
EkaCoralian

Postby Otohiko » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:33 am

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I have just finished watching the series. Marathoned through the last 2/3 of it which is the most I've watched of ANYTHING in one go over the past 8 or 9 years. Oh my god.

I am going to go to a corner and cry now at the end of the awesomeness I have just witnessed.
;_________________________________________________;
Otohiko

Postby Enigma » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:21 pm

Otohiko wrote:FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I have just finished watching the series. Marathoned through the last 2/3 of it which is the most I've watched of ANYTHING in one go over the past 8 or 9 years. Oh my god.

I am going to go to a corner and cry now at the end of the awesomeness I have just witnessed.

It is ok Oto, I TOLD YOU THIS WAS NORMAL. But such greatness will not come again. I am sorry. -hug-
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid

Postby Bakadeshi » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:35 pm

Otohiko wrote:FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I LOL'd
Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck

Postby Enigma » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:00 pm

Does anybody know if the movies are getting licensed ;_____;?My blood needs more Lagann
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid

Postby Ishbalan » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:36 pm

Enigma wrote:Does anybody know if the movies are getting licensed ;_____;?My blood needs more Lagann

http://store.bandai-ent.com/category_s/117.htm
Ishbalan

Postby Uzumakiclan45 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:05 am

I watched these two scenes, one from Lagann-Hen, and the other from a series, which Gainax states that they got the inspiration for TTGL from, called Getter Robo, and I was struck by how similar they looked. I wanted to see if I was the only one who noticed these similarities, or if there was something to this claim. (sorry if I accidentally spoil Lagann-Hen for anyone).

Power-up scene in Lagann-Hen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EztAWwvfRao
Power-up scene in Getter Robo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To34rvyClH4

Also, tell me if I'm wrong, but when I rewatched episode seven, and during the first few minutes, as we get a full view of near-naked Simon with his drill covering his manhood, I made an immediate connection between that design of Simon and Chinko Drill, or "Mr. Drill Penis", as I call him, from Dead Leaves. Knowing Gainax's long list of shout-outs to other works, not including anime, do you think that was intentional? If so, then that was probably the most daring reference that Gainax pulled in what is supposed to be a Saturday morning cartoon!
Uzumakiclan45

Postby theinfinite » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:07 am

I watched these two scenes, one from Lagann-Hen, and the other from a series, which Gainax states that they got the inspiration for TTGL from, called Getter Robo, and I was struck by how similar they looked. I wanted to see if I was the only one who noticed these similarities, or if there was something to this claim. (sorry if I accidentally spoil Lagann-Hen for anyone).

I noticed some similarities, but well, nothing major. I don't know...
Also, 'Stoner Sunshine', what a funny name.
The closer you get to the light, the bigger your shadow becomes.

theinfinite

Previous

Return to Anime Series Discussion