Zoom Effect/Size Problem

For all help and discussion relating to visual effects in programs that are not already covered in an existing forum, such as Blender, Particle Illusion, etc., along with discussion about effects theories and techniques.

Moderator: Niotex

Zoom Effect/Size Problem

Postby FXD960 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:13 am

How do i create a zoom effect in Sony Vegas and After Effects?
I want to create a zoom effect to create more impact when i'm changing clips, ideas and/or tutorials?

Oh by the way, i was editing my last tutorial in Sony Vegas and i had to add a Twitch effect (RGB Split) to a 150MB file. Problem is that when i've done editing in AE, the file was 22GB.
How can i make the file smaller? :oops:
FXD960
 
Joined: 14 Jun 2012

Re: Zoom Effect/Size Problem

Postby slimed » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:05 am

when changing clips - so like a transition? one possibility is a quick pan inwards towards the end of a clip, along with a radial blur (proportional radius looks best) that gets stronger as the pan moves in, then vice versa at the beginning of the next clip. i'm not really sure what kind of zoom you're talking about, but if you want something subtle to add impact that could look nice. another simple possibility is to pan in at the end of a clip, and crossfade into the next clip when the the pan/"zoom" begins.
User avatar
slimed
Kardashian
 
Joined: 22 Dec 2011

Re: Zoom Effect/Size Problem

Postby FXD960 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:18 am

slimed wrote:when changing clips - so like a transition? one possibility is a quick pan inwards towards the end of a clip, along with a radial blur (proportional radius looks best) that gets stronger as the pan moves in, then vice versa at the beginning of the next clip. i'm not really sure what kind of zoom you're talking about, but if you want something subtle to add impact that could look nice. another simple possibility is to pan in at the end of a clip, and crossfade into the next clip when the the pan/"zoom" begins.

Example of your;
another simple possibility is to pan in at the end of a clip, and crossfade into the next clip when the the pan/"zoom" begins
?
Zoom like this anyway; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqP8Ei1zPlA 2:14 for example
FXD960
 
Joined: 14 Jun 2012

Re: Zoom Effect/Size Problem

Postby Eake4 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:48 am

FXD960 wrote:Zoom like this anyway; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqP8Ei1zPlA 2:14 for example

Quoting gregz...
Anyways he does it by panning inwards in the last few frames with the help of a gaussian blur. Of course he may use After Effects to do it instead which would take a little longer but has far more options and variations which you could implement some of your ideas into.

FXD960 wrote:Oh by the way, i was editing my last tutorial in Sony Vegas and i had to add a Twitch effect (RGB Split) to a 150MB file. Problem is that when i've done editing in AE, the file was 22GB.
How can i make the file smaller? :oops:


The file size difference is simply because of the format and codec difference. In After Effects, it is set to uncompressed lossless codec. What you want to do is get another Lossless codec understood by After Effects (I recommend the Lagarith codec because its free). Now you can get a compressor like AMVsimple or ZARX264 which are capable of reducing the file size down losing very less quality and creating a new file which is a lossy file used to upload. In Vegas I recommend also rendering in Lossless and then compressing with AMVsimple or Zarx264.
Image
User avatar
Eake4
Australian Zeus
 
Joined: 26 Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Status: Doing something useless again

Re: Zoom Effect/Size Problem

Postby HaydenST » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:57 am

User avatar
HaydenST
 
Joined: 05 Feb 2012
Location: France


Return to Visual Effects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests