In the Valley of the Shadow of Death [The Quickening Entry]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

In the Valley of the Shadow of Death [The Quickening Entry]

Post by Animated » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:57 pm

HELL, IT'S OVER.

So, what's up guys? Everything good out there? Yes? No? Ahh, don't worry. Umbrella Corporation is here to help you out. Because we have found the cure for your disease. Brace yourselves - and grab your umbrella.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Image Image Image

Anyway, here's my post-apocalyptic entry for the Quickening tournament, Group G - Round One. Tried to make it as funny as it gets, and yes, I enjoyed editing to this! To a song that I would never even think of using. Now... to the VCAs! |:> Also, watch out for a surprise beginning scene and... yes, that's all. (also, sorry for the 102mb filesize, ZarxGui is giving me a lot of troubles lately and I'm already asking for advice on the "Compression, Encoding, and Converting" thread...)

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Re: In the Valley of the Shadow of Death [The Quickening Ent

Post by TwilightChrono » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:21 am

I loled. I actually really like this. I don't wanna sound redundant by saying the same thigns I said to you in my quick comment, but it's TwilightChrono, not Twilight Chrono.

Why does everyone put a space in my name? haha.

Regardless, I thought this was really adorable and very enjoyable, + it made me laugh. So I gave ya 4 stars. WHOO!!

Plus, Nice song choice. I hadn't heard that version yet so it was a nice change of pace.

Keep it up :up:

4 Server Crashes out of 5.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:40 am

Whoa, someone actually posted something in here! I... ok, I don't have an excuse for the mistake I made with your name, even though I know you for more than 2 years :D So, thank you for your kind words TC (not making that mistake again...), it's a shame you didn't proceed to the next round, seriously. There's always the next time pal :wink:

Now, praise the lord I didn't get some Lady Gaga stuff...

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:54 am

the Valley of the Shadow of Death

...I take a look at my life and realize there's none left!
'Cause I've been brassin' and laughin' so long that!
Even my mama thinks that my mind is gone! ...

:uhoh:

Not a bad video by any means, but a bunch of cuts seemed quite choppy and disrupted the flow. The part from 1:09 to 1:30 was flowing perfectly well on the other hand!

I don't get it though.

(Also...was that cookie cutter at 1:16 really needed? I see why you put it in there...but there could have been better ways to blend the two scenes...)

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:19 pm

Actually Kev, let me surprise you. I stole the title from Marilyn Manson's song "In the Shadow of the Valley of Death" (rearranging 2 words... not only it's a part of the Gangsta's Paradise lyrics, it's also a quote from the Bible :book: )

I know there were some ugly cuts out there, but hell, I've been given this lousy song and only a week to edit. As for that cookie cutter, yes, you're right. I only hope this doesn't affect the judges' ratings... Well, thanks for your comment Kevmaster, i know what an elitist you are! :awesome: (Emotive made you this way I guess... -.- I have to find this guy since we live in the same country)

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:43 pm

1:50 Saeko swinging her Umbrella! :awesome:
awesome vid
ImageImage

Kairih
Org Profile

Post by Kairih » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:51 pm

This is the most epic stuff I've ever seen.
ZOMBIES! :up:

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:25 pm

What on earth did I just watch? XD
ImageImage

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:35 pm

Animated wrote:Hah, I'm sure that at least half of us in group G will make an Umbrella Corporation reference! Screw the originality now, we've got zombies 8-)
:up: 8-)

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:15 am

Umbrella Corporation is pleased with your comments. You may live one more week.

|:>

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”