Recommended Video Editing Software (For first-timer)

For help and discussion about specific video editing systems like Adobe software, Windows Movie Maker, Magix, Sony Vegas, etc. Please note the subforums.

Recommended Video Editing Software (For first-timer)

Postby MasterZero8 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:48 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to making AMVs and I have virtually no video editing software or knowledge.
All I'm using right now is Windows Live Movie Maker, and yes I know its crap, thats why I need something else.

I was wondering if someone could recommend me a good video editing software that is easy to use and for about $100 or less, and where to obtain it?
Any help would be much appreciated, thank you. :D
MasterZero8

Re: Recommended Video Editing Software (For first-timer)

Postby Cannonaire » Fri May 11, 2012 1:54 am

Similar threads have been made multiple times, but I will answer anyway.
I currently use Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum, which you can get for ~$100. It is very easy to use and an enormous step up from Windows Live Movie Maker.
Your other options are Adobe Premiere Elements, which I do not recommend, and also I think there is a version of Magix for less than $100, but I do not have any experience with that one.

Both Vegas and Premiere have 30-day trials available, so you can see which one you like best before making an investment. Good luck with your editing!
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.
Cannonaire

Postby MasterZero8 » Fri May 11, 2012 6:04 pm

Cannonaire wrote:Similar threads have been made multiple times, but I will answer anyway.
I currently use Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum, which you can get for ~$100. It is very easy to use and an enormous step up from Windows Live Movie Maker.
Your other options are Adobe Premiere Elements, which I do not recommend, and also I think there is a version of Magix for less than $100, but I do not have any experience with that one.

Both Vegas and Premiere have 30-day trials available, so you can see which one you like best before making an investment. Good luck with your editing!

Thank you very much! I was already considering the Sony Vegas one, so I think thats what I will go with. :D
MasterZero8

Postby pacotacoshell » Fri May 11, 2012 7:10 pm

Sony Vegas 11 is very, very unstable at the moment (especially for me) so be warned.
pacotacoshell

Return to Video Editing Software