Adobe CreativeCloud - $49/month

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Brad
Org Profile

Adobe CreativeCloud - $49/month

Post by Brad » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:17 pm

(cross-posted from the Heads Up forum)

So with the release of CS6, Adobe is improving upon their subscription program that they announced a year or so ago. It's a new service called CreativeCloud. As far as I can gather, if you pay $49 a month, you will have access to pretty much every Adobe Creative Suite program available (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, etc.). If I'm understanding it correctly, it'll work sort of like Steam, where you can download the program to basically any computer you want, as long as you log-in to CreativeCloud to use it. So if you've been wanting to have LEGIT copies of the Adobe suite but don't have the cash to plop down on the full shebang, this is a pretty awesome deal. And in addition to having access to the programs, they offer all kinds of cool hosting features for storing project files and things like that. Not sure if that's terribly useful for video projects, but something to keep in mind.

Also, if you already own the Creative Suite (from CS3 upwards), they're doing a promo deal where it's $29/month for the first year. Not too shabby!

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud.html
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Re: Adobe CreativeCloud - $49/month

Post by Pwolf » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:10 pm

It's $49.99 a month for an annual commitment. if you decide to cancel, you have to pay 50% of the remaining balance. Straight up monthly is $79.99

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:28 pm

Pwolf wrote:It's $49.99 a month for an annual commitment. if you decide to cancel, you have to pay 50% of the remaining balance. Straight up monthly is $79.99
Geh. Forgot to edit this thread (edited the Heads Up post). I thought I read that the month-to-month was $75?
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:45 pm

Yea, my bad, it's $75.

Return to “Adobe Software”