Yeah uh...Vob to Virtual Dub

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling your footage. If you have questions about capturing/ripping footage, AviSynth, or compression/encoding/converting, look here.

Postby Marie_05 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:48 pm

Trying to figure out a way to get my vobs to work with Virtual dub I understand they are Mpeg-2 but Im just kinda new and lost pleae help
Trying to get back into the swing of things please any help is appreciated
Marie_05

Re: Yeah uh...Vob to Virtual Dub

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:26 pm

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby TEKnician » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:51 pm

You must use DGindex to open the VOB and save project and create an avs file. You then apply the script to the avs file.

THEN you open the avs with VDub.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.
TEKnician

Postby MiyaDV » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:50 pm

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... ulator.jar

And download that to resize to a proper aspect ratio, Use lanzos4resize as I think it's the best one on there, but there's new resizers out but you won't notice a difference lol

and if your completely new to all of it read that entire guide Clefable told you to
. . . . . .
MiyaDV

Postby mirkosp » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:18 pm

Actually it was Bashar that suggested him to Read ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides Lovingly Overhauled Largely by Zarxrax this time. XD
But! As far as resizing calculations from DVD go, use THIS calculator instead:
http://ps-auxw.de/cgi-bin/ar-calc.pl
If you're doubtful on its usage do ask here. The calculator on org doesn't account for active area I believe, and in fact I think it was removed from more recent versions of the guide (that link Miya posted is from an old and unsupported version of the guide). The current guide just tells to use the AR calculator in avspmod, which I am not sure if it accounts for active area or not, but is a different calculator all the same.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby Mister Hatt » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:06 am

dvd2avi all day every day, until sauce gets made public (don't hold your breath, writing an avs frontend is annoying)

On other tracks, maybe someone should host a copy of ps-auxw's calculator on the site? It's just a perl script. I have a pretty sweet C calculator too but it's in source form and CLI only. Does some other crazier resolutions though.
Mister Hatt

Return to Footage Help