I broke AviSynth

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

I broke AviSynth

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:48 am

So I just got a shiny new computer, and have been going through installing all my programs and such. But AviSynth refuses to work. For nearly every command I have, it gives me this -
Spoiler :
Even though I indeed have the same commands in the plugin folder. The only command that seems to work is Avisource...which isn't much use to me if I can't do anything else.

Im at wits end...I've installed, re-installed, but I haven't gotten it any closer to working. Kinda killing the new-computer joy if I can't edit on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Re: I broke AviSynth

Post by EvaFan » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:01 am

Try loading the plugin manually to make sure the plugin is even being loaded.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:11 am

It helps if you install the libraries that provides "nearly every command". Also, they're functions, not commands. It's a programming interface after all, not a commandline one.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:20 am

If none of the plugins you normally use are working then I would:

Also to make sure you didnt accidently put the autoloading plugin directory in the wrong spot when you installed...

You can click on your start button (windows button). Type regedit in the search programs and files box and open regedit. Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder, then expand the software folder, then click on the avisynth folder. This will show you where you set the autoload directory when you installed incase you changed it and forgot. If its not where it should be then just click it and modify for the correct path.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:07 am

Or don't fuck with the registry and just install plugins where they belong. Unless you're an idiot using 64bit it shouldn't be an issue.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:30 pm

I tried re-installing and tt kinda fixed itself as magically as it broke. I have no idea what happened but I am kind of an idiot when it comes to these things :uhoh: Im guessing maybe something got installed to the wrong folder somehow...?

Anyway, thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it.

Return to “AviSynth Help”