[FINAL TRACK LIST] Reflections of Style: Live Action

This forum is for the discussion and announcement of newly created videos that use non anime sources.

Moderator: Forum moderators

Forum rules
This forum is for the discussion and announcement of newly created videos that use non anime sources.
  • Note: The videos posted here do not need a corresponding catalog entry.
gotegenks
Org Profile

Re: [FINAL TRACK LIST] Reflections of Style: Live Action

Post by gotegenks » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:04 pm

looks like someone else is gonna have to host elyts fo snoitcelf ...

wow, it didn't really hit me how lucky i'd be to make it in until i saw that lineup. I figured (hey, who else but kham and joey actually does lamvs anyway? UR A SHOEIN!) but that line up is filled to the brim with amazing editors, it's inspiring and intimidating at the same time, i don't know how to feel! But i think everyone would apprecaite it if i used it to do a good track, so that sounds good.

so, i haven't found a source for this track...and still waiting on an answer for koop's question....so is it cool to use anime? (:ying:)

Zero Link
Org Profile

Post by Zero Link » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:41 pm

RoS live action?

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:52 pm

Prodigi wrote: Frame rate - 29.97 fps (this may be altered in the next few days)
Aspect ratio - 16:9 (1280x720 pixels - square pixels only)
Editing programs - Whatever you want. Go nuts.

For those of your using 2.35:1 cinematic sources you may want to consider getting a 1080p copy of your source and cropping this back.
Track selection aside, from a tech standpoint, the frame rate should probably be 23.976 because most of the sources people are using are films and their frame rate is already 23.976 anyway. Anything that's 29.97 is probably interlaced so these people should be IVTCing and decimate down to 23.976 also. Then again, we are using blurays/hd-dvds so no one should have anything that's 29.97 (correct me if I'm wrong). Either way, there's going to be a lot of unnecessary duplication of frames if we all have to convert up to 29.97fps.

The frame size, also looking at it from a film standpoint, I think a lot of them are going to be in cinematic 2.35:1 rather than 16:9 (based on the sources people picked, none of those sources are 16:9). You would want the minority of the sources to be cropped. Although it's my personal preference, i'd rather cut a 16:9 source down to 2.53:1 rather the other way around.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:59 pm

Pwolf wrote:
Prodigi wrote: Frame rate - 29.97 fps (this may be altered in the next few days)
Aspect ratio - 16:9 (1280x720 pixels - square pixels only)
Editing programs - Whatever you want. Go nuts.

For those of your using 2.35:1 cinematic sources you may want to consider getting a 1080p copy of your source and cropping this back.
Track selection aside, from a tech standpoint, the frame rate should probably be 23.976 because most of the sources people are using are films and their frame rate is already 23.976 anyway. Anything that's 29.97 is probably interlaced so these people should be IVTCing and decimate down to 23.976 also. Then again, we are using blurays/hd-dvds so no one should have anything that's 29.97 (correct me if I'm wrong). Either way, there's going to be a lot of unnecessary duplication of frames if we all have to convert up to 29.97fps.

The frame size, also looking at it from a film standpoint, I think a lot of them are going to be in cinematic 2.35:1 rather than 16:9 (based on the sources people picked, none of those sources are 16:9). You would want the minority of the sources to be cropped. Although it's my personal preference, i'd rather cut a 16:9 source down to 2.53:1 rather the other way around.
This. This times 1000.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:08 pm

Welp, guess I better put a hold on my encoding, then.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:20 pm

Cal's gonna hate me when he wakes up.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:21 pm

So...business as usual?
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Khameleon808
Org Profile

Post by Khameleon808 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:10 pm

I agree with pwolf. The majority source is gonna be 23@2.35:1 The only exception I can see is probably foreign movies with 25/29.97/30fps. And those can be easily fixed to match the rest.

I would just prefer as little tampering with the footage as possible after it leaves my bluray drive.
And technically, shouldn't it be around 1280x544? We should eliminate as much down-sampling as possible. Id suggest putting the final compiled clips of 1280x544 (Lagarith YV12/square pixels) into a project of the same size, then outputting to the 1280x720. If you are down sampling from 1080p 1920x800 and end up with 1280x532, I suppose the final project compilation settings should be set to the majority height. Whether it be 544 or 532.

Just a suggestion.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:14 pm

In case I wasn't clear, I'm still looking forward to watching this when it comes out. Looks to be awesome. Just a little bummed I'm not editing a track since I was kind of looking forward to it.

Anyway, can't wait to see the finished product.
ImageImageImageImage

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:29 pm

Khameleon808 wrote:I agree with pwolf. The majority source is gonna be 23@2.35:1 The only exception I can see is probably foreign movies with 25/29.97/30fps. And those can be easily fixed to match the rest.

I would just prefer as little tampering with the footage as possible after it leaves my bluray drive.
And technically, shouldn't it be around 1280x544? We should eliminate as much down-sampling as possible. Id suggest putting the final compiled clips of 1280x544 (Lagarith YV12/square pixels) into a project of the same size, then outputting to the 1280x720. If you are down sampling from 1080p 1920x800 and end up with 1280x532, I suppose the final project compilation settings should be set to the majority height. Whether it be 544 or 532.

Just a suggestion.

Reflections of Style, where the editors tell YOU how to run the project. :D

Return to “Other Videos”