[FINAL TRACK LIST] Reflections of Style: Live Action

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Re: [FINAL TRACK LIST] Reflections of Style: Live Action

Postby Pwolf » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:20 pm

Cal's gonna hate me when he wakes up.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
User avatar
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
 
Joined: 03 May 2001
Location: Some where in California, I forgot :\

Re: [FINAL TRACK LIST] Reflections of Style: Live Action

Postby Ileia » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:21 pm

So...business as usual?
User avatar
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer
 
Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Status: ....to completion

Re: [FINAL TRACK LIST] Reflections of Style: Live Action

Postby Khameleon808 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:10 pm

I agree with pwolf. The majority source is gonna be 23@2.35:1 The only exception I can see is probably foreign movies with 25/29.97/30fps. And those can be easily fixed to match the rest.

I would just prefer as little tampering with the footage as possible after it leaves my bluray drive.
And technically, shouldn't it be around 1280x544? We should eliminate as much down-sampling as possible. Id suggest putting the final compiled clips of 1280x544 (Lagarith YV12/square pixels) into a project of the same size, then outputting to the 1280x720. If you are down sampling from 1080p 1920x800 and end up with 1280x532, I suppose the final project compilation settings should be set to the majority height. Whether it be 544 or 532.

Just a suggestion.
Image
User avatar
Khameleon808
 
Joined: 22 Jul 2002
Location: where the buses dont run

Re: [FINAL TRACK LIST] Reflections of Style: Live Action

Postby ngsilver » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:14 pm

In case I wasn't clear, I'm still looking forward to watching this when it comes out. Looks to be awesome. Just a little bummed I'm not editing a track since I was kind of looking forward to it.

Anyway, can't wait to see the finished product.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
User avatar
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy
 
Joined: 28 Jun 2003
Location: Detroit area
Status: Calm Your Miniature Colorful Horses

Re: [FINAL TRACK LIST] Reflections of Style: Live Action

Postby SnhKnives » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:29 pm

Khameleon808 wrote:I agree with pwolf. The majority source is gonna be 23@2.35:1 The only exception I can see is probably foreign movies with 25/29.97/30fps. And those can be easily fixed to match the rest.

I would just prefer as little tampering with the footage as possible after it leaves my bluray drive.
And technically, shouldn't it be around 1280x544? We should eliminate as much down-sampling as possible. Id suggest putting the final compiled clips of 1280x544 (Lagarith YV12/square pixels) into a project of the same size, then outputting to the 1280x720. If you are down sampling from 1080p 1920x800 and end up with 1280x532, I suppose the final project compilation settings should be set to the majority height. Whether it be 544 or 532.

Just a suggestion.



Reflections of Style, where the editors tell YOU how to run the project. :D
Image
User avatar
SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
 
Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Location: Atlanta

Re: [FINAL TRACK LIST] Reflections of Style: Live Action

Postby Khameleon808 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:43 pm

SnhKnives wrote:
Khameleon808 wrote:I agree with pwolf. The majority source is gonna be 23@2.35:1 The only exception I can see is probably foreign movies with 25/29.97/30fps. And those can be easily fixed to match the rest.

I would just prefer as little tampering with the footage as possible after it leaves my bluray drive.
And technically, shouldn't it be around 1280x544? We should eliminate as much down-sampling as possible. Id suggest putting the final compiled clips of 1280x544 (Lagarith YV12/square pixels) into a project of the same size, then outputting to the 1280x720. If you are down sampling from 1080p 1920x800 and end up with 1280x532, I suppose the final project compilation settings should be set to the majority height. Whether it be 544 or 532.

Just a suggestion.



Reflections of Style, where the editors tell YOU how to run the project. :D



Pretty much.
Image
User avatar
Khameleon808
 
Joined: 22 Jul 2002
Location: where the buses dont run

Re: [FINAL TRACK LIST] Reflections of Style: Live Action

Postby Pwolf » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:13 pm

Hey, it's a collaboration. We all want the project to be as good as it can be right?
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
User avatar
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
 
Joined: 03 May 2001
Location: Some where in California, I forgot :\

Re: [FINAL TRACK LIST] Reflections of Style: Live Action

Postby Khameleon808 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:36 pm

Pwolf wrote:Hey, it's a collaboration. We all want the project to be as good as it can be right?


Exactly! I want it to be a reflection of quality as well as style too. Besides, Im down for whatever. It's his show. I am only with pwolf here on offering up some last min tips that will pay off in the long run.
Image
User avatar
Khameleon808
 
Joined: 22 Jul 2002
Location: where the buses dont run

Re: [FINAL TRACK LIST] Reflections of Style: Live Action

Postby Brad » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:45 pm

When we talked it over, I suggested 1280x720 @23.976. He did bring up the whole 2.35:1 vs. 16:9 issue and we landed on, stick with 16:9 for the time being until we see what everybody's sources are going to be. If everybody is going to have a 2:35:1, then yeah we should go with that. The more important thing though was to get the track listing up since that's what everybody was waiting for. Tech specs can be hashed out, but getting people's creative juices flowing was more important (though I do agree, we should come up with a standard across the board here soon).
Image
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site
User avatar
Brad
 
Joined: 20 Dec 2000
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: [FINAL TRACK LIST] Reflections of Style: Live Action

Postby mirkosp » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:55 pm

I'm not involved, but personally I'd say 1280x544 is a better res than 1280x532 if you do go for 2.35:1. Much closer to the ratio and is actually mod16, which doesn't really matter all that much anymore with AVC, considering it internally pads anyway, but it's a good thing to have if possible.
Image
User avatar
mirkosp
MODkip
 
Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Location: Gallarate (VA), Italy
Status: (」・ワ・)」(⊃・ワ・)⊃

Re: [FINAL TRACK LIST] Reflections of Style: Live Action

Postby Prodigi » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:30 pm

SnhKnives wrote:Reflections of Style, where the editors tell YOU how to run the project. :D

It wouldn't be RoS without it :O
Brad wrote:When we talked it over, I suggested 1280x720 @23.976. He did bring up the whole 2.35:1 vs. 16:9 issue and we landed on, stick with 16:9 for the time being until we see what everybody's sources are going to be. If everybody is going to have a 2:35:1, then yeah we should go with that. The more important thing though was to get the track listing up since that's what everybody was waiting for. Tech specs can be hashed out, but getting people's creative juices flowing was more important (though I do agree, we should come up with a standard across the board here soon).

This. I'm totally open to changing them, however based off the original source listings (not just the ones currently in the finalised tracks, but in the earlier sign-ups) I was going with 16:9 for now as there were enough 16:9 sources to justify it. If we get to the point where when everyone has finalised their source and we're looking at 90% or greater 2.35:1 sources then I'll make the change happily.

In regards to frame-rate I bumped it up due to personal taste. I've always liked having the extra framerate of 29.97 or 30fps to get a tighter sync going on. However, if everyone is happier with the native framerates of 23.976 then this too will be updated. The Tech Specs were written up late last night, and were added more as a side-thought (and as Brad stated I was more interested in getting the listings up ASAP).

We'll see what other people have to say and then go from there :O
Last edited by Prodigi on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prodigi
is the conductor.
 
Joined: 06 Sep 2003

Re: [FINAL TRACK LIST] Reflections of Style: Live Action

Postby Pwolf » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:01 pm

macchinainterna wrote:Quoted Image converted to link:
http://www.dz-studios.com/macchinainterna/Random%20Shit/Baww.png

And I was really looking forward to this too...


mee too :\
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
User avatar
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
 
Joined: 03 May 2001
Location: Some where in California, I forgot :\

Re: [FINAL TRACK LIST] Reflections of Style: Live Action

Postby Magnus » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:28 am

Looking at the track-list rooster I almost fell off my chair - this project is going to rock socks off all them people.
I will be starting my track as soon as the tech's are finalized - then I'll have my "track idea-beta" handed to you (Cal) - in 1-2 weeks.

Looking forward on starting my track. Even if it was my second choice, I will totally rock it all out.
Hope we'll settle on finalizing the technicals soon!
ImageImageImage
Image
User avatar
Magnus
Treasure this time
 
Joined: 27 Mar 2006
Location: Sweden
Status: Extremely Handsome

Re: [FINAL TRACK LIST] Reflections of Style: Live Action

Postby NS » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:23 pm

Sad day, I didn't make it, but happy day because this MEP is gonna be amazing. Lookin forward to seein' it.
ImageImage
User avatar
NS
I like pants
 
Joined: 08 Jul 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Status: Pants

Re: [FINAL TRACK LIST] Reflections of Style: Live Action

Postby Prodigi » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:32 am

Prodigi wrote:TECH SPECS!

In the words of Brad: "It's 2012. 720p."

Frame rate - 23.976
Aspect ratio - 2.35:1 (cinematic - square pixels only)
Resolution: 1280x544
Editing programs - Whatever you want. Go nuts.

Updated. Overwhelming desire (both within and external to the project) was that the project be in 2.35:1 cinematic and in 23.976 and so it shall be so.

Sorry about the delay in getting that finalised, I was away over the weekend with no viable internet connectivity.

Editors on the project should also be receiving a PM in the next few minutes that they should read over for another little piece of information.

In the spirit of keeping the conversation open, how do people feel about the closed-system rule? As I stated in the write-up this is only going to work if the people in the project agree that its a good idea. I'm also interested to get some feedback from the community in general.

Get editing peeps :D If you need anything I'm always available on PM or via AIM (if I don't reply then I'm probably at work and in the middle of something).
Prodigi
is the conductor.
 
Joined: 06 Sep 2003

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mirkosp and 1 guest