iOS AMV .Org App

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime Music Videos.

iOS AMV .Org App

Postby Pwolf » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:07 pm

It's finally here, the iOS AMV .Org App. I originally created this app for Android but after hearing from people who wanted an iOS version, I decided to make it happen. The app functions exactly like the Android version, you can search for videos, watch videos, and rate them. Unlike the Android version, when viewing search results, you will see an icon next to the video if it can viewed.

I'd like to thank my beta testers again from the Android app because, again, this app wouldn't have happened without their input and help to make that happen. I'd also like to throw out a special thanks to The_TEKnician whom provided me with the hardware I needed to test and develop the app properly. Very much appreciated. That said I am open to all comments and suggestions. If you experience any issues, please let me know.

Go get the app and I hope you all like it :P Don't forget to pimp it out at cons and all that jazz >.> I will be working on a major update to both platforms in the coming months so look forward to that.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Re: iOS AMV .Org App

Postby Kariudo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:11 pm

Gratz on getting the approval, and thanks for your work :up:
Kariudo
Twilight prince

Postby Kristyrat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:13 pm

Nice! Congrats on getting approved, it's about time they did something right :O
Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin

Postby Castor Troy » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:19 pm

Just watched one of my videos on it.

You are truly THE KING!
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby LantisEscudo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:35 pm

Awesome, sir. Downloading now.
LantisEscudo

Postby CodeZTM » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:37 pm

Great app! Such an attractive design and easy to use. Thank you so much for all your hard work!

/tips hat
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby ngsilver » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:54 pm

You sir are truly king! Great work. I'm a little worried about all the crashes that I keep experiencing but that could just be my phone as it has a tenancy to crash a lot of apps apparently for no real reason....

Can't wait to pimp it out :D

edit: Actually, the only request I have for an update right now is to somehow force the video preview playback to play audio even when you have the phone set to silence. I know other apps do that, I'm just not sure how it's done. It can get a little annoying having to keep flipping the silent switch each time I want to watch a vid and then back again when I'm done.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby Kariudo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:12 pm

I'm also getting crashes on my iPod Touch (2nd gen rebranded as 3rd gen) when I try searching while logged in
Kariudo
Twilight prince

Postby CodeZTM » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:35 pm

For me, it only crashes when I'm logged in and search for myself. When I searched for others, it worked fine (at least on my end).
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby Pwolf » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:59 pm

Hmm, well that's annoying. Hopefully I'll be able to see some crash reports tomorrow and I'll work on figuring out the cause asap.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pwolf

Postby TEKnician » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:35 pm

Oh, and regarding the crash, I just closed the app, reset my iPod Touch (the Holding the home button and power button until the apple showed up) and it worked fine.

AWESOME JOB SCOTT!!!

Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.
TEKnician

Postby UpcomingDread » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:23 pm

Your amazing! :up:
UpcomingDread

Postby gotegenks » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:43 pm

Awesome app man, i switched back to an iphone before i managed to update my android (it was really screwed up and my aunt just gave me her old iphone) so i've been waiting for this.

something that'd be cool for the future, have like a download link enabled if the user uploads an itouch/iphone compatible version, same with android for...er, android compatible versions. link what i mentioned here about a year ago, only now there's way more reason to i think!

idk, just an idea, great app, had the same problems as the others with the crashes though, for me i noticed i went "search, anime/song/artist/editor>go" and it crashed, then i went back and only specified editor, and it worked, got to the video safe and sound!

oh, and you probably already thought of this or got suggested this, but is there an OP writing feature on the way? or is that something best reserved for computer and tablets...?
gotegenks

Postby Pwolf » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:02 pm

gotegenks wrote:oh, and you probably already thought of this or got suggested this, but is there an OP writing feature on the way? or is that something best reserved for computer and tablets...?

Only star ratings and QCs at the moment.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pwolf

Postby l33tmeatwad » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:29 pm

gotegenks wrote:something that'd be cool for the future, have like a download link enabled if the user uploads an itouch/iphone compatible version, same with android for...er, android compatible versions. link what i mentioned here about a year ago, only now there's way more reason to i think!

There is a big complication when it comes to downloading stuff on iOS devices as you can't just simple "store" it where it will show up with your other media files, it has to be synced in iTunes to get into your regular media library. When it comes to encoding for it, it also depends on your devices, all the current generation Apple Devices actually support Main Profile 4.1 with resolutions up to 1080p30, while most (not all) of the Android devices as well as last generation iOS devices still only support 720p30 as Main Profile Level 3.1 to my knowledge. At this point the programer will have to either figure out how to read the generation or type of device (if possible) and restrict what you can download (and on iOS I guess you would have to go TO the app to play them back as opposed to going to your regular media application), or just by default not allowing videos above a certain spec. Also, I don't think a-m-v.org even supports reading what profile and level a video is anyways.
Sites: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Guides & Scripts: AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
l33tmeatwad

Next

Return to General AMV