New Org Supported Contests forum

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

New Org Supported Contests forum

Post by Kariudo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:06 am

Hey guys, a little while ago there was a suggestion that we make a new forum for the occasional Iron Chef type contest.

After talking it over a bit, we felt this was an opportunity to give a little more support to more than just ICs. Our goal with the new forum is to promote online contests that encourage wide community support (as well as smaller IC-type contests). It will be placed under the AMV Suggestions forum (right above the AMV Contests forum).

When a contest like The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 is running, it will have a fancy redirect link right under the Site Announcements forum. It will to take you to the contest's forum (which from now on would be in the Active Contests category of the Org Supported Contests forum).

When a contest like Project OrgEditor finishes, it will be moved to the Contest Archive category of the Org Supported Contests forum. Oh, and for reference, I just did that...so that's where it disappeared to.

To avoid confusion, we will not be moving The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 into the new forum until it has concluded.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Re: New Org Supported Contests forum

Post by Kitsuner » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:12 pm

Is that where the VCA forum will be located when that time rolls around? Could previous years' VCA recommendations be archived in there as well?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:50 pm

I don't think we talked about putting the VCAs in there, but I suppose that would make sense.
I'll talk with the others about moving the previous VCA forums into the archive as well.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:28 pm

alright, all previous VCA forums have been moved into Org Supported Contests for your viewing pleasure.

The 4 most recent VCAs are right in there, and everything older is under 'Older VCAs'

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:47 pm

Kariudo wrote:alright, all previous VCA forums have been moved into Org Supported Contests for your viewing pleasure.

The 4 most recent VCAs are right in there, and everything older is under 'Older VCAs'
Am I going blind, or are they hidden so us non-admins can't see them?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Right, forgot about the forum permissions

permissions should be sorted now

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:58 pm

Awesome. Thanks Kariudo.

On a somewhat related note, does anyone have suggestions for an easier/faster way to open outdated vidids other than replacing the number of an open video page?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Return to “Site Announcements”