FX Help?

For all help and discussion relating to visual effects in programs that are not already covered in an existing forum, such as Blender, Particle Illusion, etc., along with discussion about effects theories and techniques.

Moderator: Niotex

FX Help?

Postby Matrius » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Hello,

There is an effect that I would like to emulate and practice on.

It is from :28 to :55 of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGnZzOGx ... re=related

It is those box things between the characters and the grayed out background. I really like how they have they have borders, represent different parts of the same clip, they move, and how they all came together to complete the clip at one point. I tried different things such as the cookie cutter, but I wasn't able to come up with anything that resembled it. :/ My knowledge is limited, but I'm trying to learn how to do more things.
Matrius

Re: FX Help?

Postby AimoAio » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:04 pm

Yeah it's the cookie cutter. Probably square or rectangle except they used a variety of sizes.

You could probably achieve the same using the cookie cutter FX though you might need to adjust it a bit. You can also add a border in the cookie cutter FX menu. If you still can't get your ideal shape, then you could try using masking instead of the cookie cutter and to get a border, just duplicate the layer and add a feather out of around 0.2 then use the darkness FX.
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Return to Visual Effects