FTP Help

This forum is for help with this web site. Please read the FAQ and then search this forum before asking questions here; most likely the question you are about to ask has already been answered.

FTP Help

Postby sportsgirl1391 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:44 pm

I think im in the right spot for this. Anyway ummm so I have Fetch and FTP program my professor gave me and idk why but for some reason I cant use it on here. I could use my other one. I thought it was maybe the host bc fetch asks for the host and it can't find it.
sportsgirl1391

Re: FTP Help

Postby Kariudo » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:57 pm

Moved from hardware.

Your statement is rather vague and confusing. Care to rephrase with more details?
Screencaps would be helpful. Error messages might help us too

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, then my sticky might help. Yes, Filezilla is different from fetch, but the general information should still apply.
ImageImage
Kariudo
Twilight prince

Postby sportsgirl1391 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:07 am

So I turned on my FTP program Fetch which is for mac. I got the FTP Server and username password and what not. But the thing wants the host it says cant find host in whatever the server is kero.anime...something or other sorry don't know it on the top of my head.
sportsgirl1391

Postby Kariudo » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:42 am

the host is kero.animemusicvideos.org. The host appears to resolve correctly, and can be pinged...so I'm not sure why Fetch would be giving you problems. Only thing I can really think of is that maybe you misspelled the hostname, or Fetch is being blocked by a firewall.
ImageImage
Kariudo
Twilight prince

Postby sportsgirl1391 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:49 am

i tried again its working now. idk why i copied and pasted everything that was weird. =/
sportsgirl1391

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:13 am

Sometimes when selecting text to copy, you can get things like spaces caught up in the selection.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Return to Site Help & Feedback