godix wrote:I could see a combination of Little Bento & trythils design working well. Something like this, but designed by someone with actual talent instead of quickly slapped together by me:
Content isn't present in those boxes, and I can't demonstrate interactions in a mockup (will need to prototype a web app for that), but I think I have ways to make most of those additional interface widgets in the image unnecessary.
The orange menu bar at top, for example, can probably be shortened to just a link to the boards:
* there's not really a reason to have a "search for AMVs" link when you have an omnipresent search box that already does everything
* account management, login, and signup can be compressed into a three-link strip that looks something like "Login / Create account", or "Logged in as [your username] / Log out / My account" if already logged in
* if you're a fan of videos, the video grid is enough; if you're a fan of an editor, search for him and bookmark his page
* if you're an editor: well, what's needed there still needs to be defined, but I'm pretty confident that can be rolled into the "My account" bit
* events: okay, that might be trickier; more investigation needed there
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 512 character limit.