Updated AVtech Guide - Beta

This forum is for video and audio help and discussion.

Re: Updated AVtech Guide - Beta

Postby Cannonaire » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:44 pm

Regarding the audio portion of the guide, I just recently used it and got a successful start in cutting audio. I would definitely leave it in.
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.
Cannonaire

Postby Snowcrash » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:49 am

Little mistake here:

x264 encoding part:
The mode setting lets you select between two different encoding modes--Constant Quality, and Bitrate (2 pass). Constant Quality is the recommended setting here. What is the difference between these three (two) modes? Well, let's see.
Snowcrash

Postby Zarxrax » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:50 am

heh, thanks
Zarxrax

Postby Nya-chan Production » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:25 pm

Snowcrash wrote:
Zarxrax wrote:Uh... well if you want to use it then just follow what it says about downloaded footage. Whats the problem?

I will ^^

If I seem a bit angry it's just because when the first time I asked how to convert a 25 fps to 23.97 fps (I would like to work with PAL DVD), few people told me it was completely stupid to work with this kind of DVD. So after a lot of explanations I understood I should avoid PAL DVD and then finally have to download my sources.

I am not really sure about France, but here in The Czech Republic it's fairly cheap to get an NTSC DVD for a fair price - about 15 - 25 dollars per DVD (might differ for exclusive series, ofc), including shipping.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view

Postby mirkosp » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:20 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:I am not really sure about France, but here in The Czech Republic it's fairly cheap to get an NTSC DVD for a fair price - about 15 - 25 dollars per DVD (might differ for exclusive series, ofc), including shipping.

The point is that, if you're going to import, might as well make the R2J DVDs... and those DO cost. We tend to talk about series that might not even be licensed in the US anyway.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby Snowcrash » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:57 am

Actually in France, a lot of anime are licenced and sold in supermarkets/specialized shops so I never checked for NTSC versions (and then I don't buy a lot of DVD). And when they do a good work (sometimes) for subbing/dubbing/bonuses, it's still interesting to get them in France.

Here is a good website about french DVD reviews (in french of course but you can have already an overall view of the french anime market) : http://www.dvdanime.net/
Snowcrash

Postby Snowcrash » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:46 am

mirkosp wrote:
Sn0wcrash wrote:You need to modify the script about TDecimate() when working with PAL dvd. After checking with Mirkosp, it appears it's not TDecimate(cycle=24) but TDecimate(cycle=25) if you want to delete the duplicate frame.

Yeah, I had informed him on IRC. It seems he didn't fix it yet on the copy on his site, but he told me he fixed it locally (as in, on his hard drive). :)

Apparently the new guide (v3.1) is released but this fps error is still here (cycle=24 instead Tcycle=25).
:wink:
Snowcrash

Postby Zarxrax » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:44 pm

I swear I fixed it ^^;;;
/runs away
Zarxrax

Postby mirkosp » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:02 pm

I checked again and it's fixed with tdecimate(cycle=25) (it's correct). Doki prolly got to it sometime this evening.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby Snowcrash » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:54 pm

As BR discs are getting more and more popular, I would like to know if there will be a part about ripping, "avisynthing" and encoding BRD in the guide ?
Snowcrash

Postby mirkosp » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:56 pm

It's quite simple, so I guess a better writeup than the rushed thingy that's on atm would be good and not too hard to write...
I'll see about writing something when I have time and sending it to Alan. I actually have already wrote a pretty decent explanation for working with BDs in Italian, so I guess it's more about translating it and getting things together.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby Snowcrash » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:57 am

It could be awesome because there are many thread about it in Help section but it's more simple if there is at least one good method in the guide =)

Go to work, little italian padawan :p
Snowcrash

Previous

Return to Video & Audio Help