AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (next stop - Nekocon)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Squancho
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (OTAKON World Premiere - 10pm 7.31)

Post by Squancho » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:21 pm

I have "Deuce Loosely" on every con badge I have except for those that were for staff.

Now that I know the schedule won't be a total clusterfuck I'm planning for an awesome weekend - epic if I get Yoshiki and Sugizo to sign my X-Japan singles CD..!
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Angelyco
Org Profile

Post by Angelyco » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:32 pm

I wish we could make it to the Thursday dinner, but we have a pretty big group of people we go to the con with and we try to stay together Thursday night.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:49 pm

Who says you can't bring 'em along? Hell, I never meet new people really at Otakon, the chance to meet more rather than less isn't a hindrance to me at all. The way things look anyway, it seems that we'll be getting 5 Guys and heading to a more open area to accomodate everyone who's going to be there, because I see at least 10 showing up already. I'm bringing along my friends because 5 Guys is a yearly Otakon tradition of ours anyway.
ImageImageImage

Angelyco
Org Profile

Post by Angelyco » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:00 pm

Because...our friends don't behave well in large groups. It's hard enough to go to a restaurant with 5 of us, and I think there's 8 or 9 of us total this year, and then put them in front of editors that I respect? No thanks. :)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:18 pm

Well I don't mind, we're probably going to be pretty boisterous anyway. We're all at an anime convention so chances of us not being on similar wavelengths are drastically reduced :D Either way, I would like to meet you at least, so if you can stop by for a bit to say hello during your Thursday night meandering, please give it a shot. I don't think any plans we all make to coordinate meeting at AMVS4 with all the Iron Editor stuff going on will actually work.

Although now that I think of it, we CAN all meet before Iron Editor and chat a bit before it starts, then those of us who are going to the premiere will sneak out when the time comes. Does that sound plausible?
ImageImageImage

Angelyco
Org Profile

Post by Angelyco » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:31 pm

Before Iron Editor sounds good, we usually wait around a little early anyway to make sure we get good seats for it.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Gaelstrom wrote:Well I don't mind, we're probably going to be pretty boisterous anyway. We're all at an anime convention so chances of us not being on similar wavelengths are drastically reduced :D Either way, I would like to meet you at least, so if you can stop by for a bit to say hello during your Thursday night meandering, please give it a shot. I don't think any plans we all make to coordinate meeting at AMVS4 with all the Iron Editor stuff going on will actually work.

Although now that I think of it, we CAN all meet before Iron Editor and chat a bit before it starts, then those of us who are going to the premiere will sneak out when the time comes. Does that sound plausible?
Angelyco wrote:Before Iron Editor sounds good, we usually wait around a little early anyway to make sure we get good seats for it.
I can't make it to the Thursday meetup, so I'll see everyone at iron editor. Depending on the distance between the two rooms, I may go back and forth between iron editor and the premiere.

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:00 pm

I will still be in Babbit garb (am doing a walk-on for Masquerade) so, if y'all are in a group, pull me aside so I can join you. This sounds like a lo of fun. I'll be leaving the room at 9:45 to make tracks to the premiere. ;)
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:41 pm

Then I guess I'll be following a Babbit through the halls at around 9:45. Not something I ever thought I'd say...
ImageImageImage

moonbunnychan
Org Profile

Post by moonbunnychan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:29 am

I always write moonbunnychan on my badge as well. Chances are pretty good I'll be at Iron Editor for the first part....even thought the END and contest results are really the best part. I also hope my friends will still come with me to Salad, since going to Iron Editor has always been one of the few things we do as a group during the weekend.
I'm doubtful that I'll be at 5 Guys....part because they aren't very vegetarian, but mostly because Thursday night is kinda friends night. Plus I'm the one with that has to let everybody in to the room. What time is it happening though, just in case.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”