How To Resolve Donation Problems

This forum is for help with this web site. Please read the FAQ and then search this forum before asking questions here; most likely the question you are about to ask has already been answered.

Re: How To Resolve Donation Problems

Postby rubyeye » Sun May 09, 2010 6:41 pm

Kai Stromler wrote:A note that may be helpful for other mail-in donators in the future:

My donation was credited on 12/28. It's unlikely that the check I mailed got from my current location to the P.O. box by 9/28. If, as it appears from this, Phade checks the box quarterly, it's probably not a good idea to mail your check after the start of the 4th week of March, June, September, or December if you want it credited with any especial speed.

hth,
--K

I donate once a year and each time I noticed that processing my mail-in check to Phade does seem to take longer and longer. It's been over a month, on March 21, when I mailed in a donation check. My profile still shows a Donation Due notice and I don't think it has cleared the bank, yet. I PM'd Phade just to follow up on my status and check if he received my payment. I figured he only checks his P.O. Box only occasionally so this confirms my suspicions. Thanks for pointing this out, Kai. I'll remember for next year.
rubyeye

Postby Jatz » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:48 pm

How long does it take to process a mailed-in donation? I mailed it in about three weeks ago (I know you got it because I sent it with confirmation) and it still hasn't been cashed. One week ago I sent an e-mail to the address at the beginning of this thread and received no response.

Now what?
Jatz

Postby littlejonny100 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:26 am

Heya, donated via paypal and sent to phadeguy on 6-6-10, however still have the donation due notification. My username of littlejonny100 was included in the money sent. What do :P ?
littlejonny100

Postby KitBikyuu » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:08 pm

same here, i donated over two weeks ago about, and sent an email. i know the money was removed from my account through paypal, but it still shows as transaction pending.
KitBikyuu

Postby GloryQuestor » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:18 pm

We're working on it. We should have the donations resolved within the next hour.

Also, because of a lot of recent changes and issues on Paypal's end, we encourage everyone to start using only the amvorg address for donations via Paypal.

Thank you.
( :| Serious Business Studios :| )
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Video Art Track Department Supervisor
Another Anime Convention - Fan-Works Theater Staff
ImageImage
GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero

Postby GloryQuestor » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:42 pm

littlejonny100 wrote:Heya, donated via paypal and sent to phadeguy on 6-6-10, however still have the donation due notification. My username of littlejonny100 was included in the money sent. What do :P ?

Would you please e-mail your full name, username, and the transaction information to donations@animemusicvideos.org? Once received, we can check back in our logs to find your donation.

Thank you. :)
ImageImage
GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero

Postby Jasta85 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:42 pm

I made a donation a while ago and forgot to include my username, sent an email to the above email address with my info in it
Jasta85

Postby kickass331 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:41 pm

ditto. I have sent several emails to no avail. It has been over a week
ImageImageImageImageImage
kickass331

Postby GloryQuestor » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:32 pm

Everything's been rechecked and verified, so your statuses should be updated now. Let me know if it hasn't.

ImageImage
GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero

Postby miss_sera » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:43 pm

Hello,

I'm mostly posting this to see if I even have a problem. Is the process usually instantaneous if you're donating via paypal? Or does it take a while, regardless? The only reason I'm asking is because the thing said "PAYPAL THANK YOU Verifying transaction information... ERROR: PayPal response was" (and yes, the message was cut off). I only made the donation today, but things like those worry me (I had a similar problem with Megaupload and it was a big mess), so I thought I'd ask ahead of time and try to nip this in the butt. If it'll go through regardless of that message, please ignore me and forgive me if I seem impatient; if not, please let me know so I can get that email out.

Thank you for your patience and time.
miss_sera

Postby Kariudo » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:45 pm

this was happening a while ago...but I haven't heard of anyone having this problem lately.
here's the thread about the error.

It should still go through just fine, but just keep an eye out to make sure your donation status here does change.
ImageImage
Kariudo
Twilight prince

Postby SailorNemesis » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:46 am

miss_sera wrote:Hello,

I'm mostly posting this to see if I even have a problem. Is the process usually instantaneous if you're donating via paypal? Or does it take a while, regardless? The only reason I'm asking is because the thing said "PAYPAL THANK YOU Verifying transaction information... ERROR: PayPal response was" (and yes, the message was cut off). I only made the donation today, but things like those worry me (I had a similar problem with Megaupload and it was a big mess), so I thought I'd ask ahead of time and try to nip this in the butt. If it'll go through regardless of that message, please ignore me and forgive me if I seem impatient; if not, please let me know so I can get that email out.

Thank you for your patience and time.

I got the same error. I sent my donation back on March 9th, made sure my username was included as a note, and my donation status hasn't changed. Silly Paypal. :nono:
If you could hear the thoughts in my head, you would be smiling too, ya know.
SailorNemesis

Postby RajinIII » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:22 am

I seem to have the same PayPal error as everyone. The transaction was processed but wasn't acknowledged on here and I have a donation due notification. I sent an e-mail out to you guys two weeks ago and I haven't gotten a response.
"Focusing on ourselves will never reveal our life's purpose."--Rick Warren
RajinIII

Postby GloryQuestor » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:45 pm

RajinIII wrote:I seem to have the same PayPal error as everyone. The transaction was processed but wasn't acknowledged on here and I have a donation due notification. I sent an e-mail out to you guys two weeks ago and I haven't gotten a response.

You should be updated by now. :wink:

Also, here's the thread everyone who's having PayPal issues should read: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=102138

A good tip is to please review your PayPal records before e-mailing the Donations e-mail. If PayPal has a record of it being paid, then we most likely have it. Also, be patient -- some are verified and cleared automatically, while many aren't, which is again due to PayPal's change in handling, not ours.
ImageImage
GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero

Postby rubyeye » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:26 pm

Does anyone know if Phade is still handling mail-in donations? My donation got returned to me saying UNDELIVERABLE AS ADDRESSED - UNABLE TO FORWARD. The address I sent to is the same one posted on the site:

Mailing Address:
AnimeMusicVideos.org
P.O.Box 5676
Concord, NC 28027

Has this changed? Is he in the process of moving or something?? Or is the .org shifting to using Paypal only?

I don't remember his email address, so maybe I should try PM'ing him to find out.
rubyeye

PreviousNext

Return to Site Help & Feedback