Zarxrax wrote:I tried it out a few days ago, and to be honest, its nowhere near ready for being considered an alternative to anything at this point.
Here are just some of the problems I ran into on the windows build:
- Doesn't support VFW, so that means it doesn't support avisynth or the Lagarith lossless codec. It is also unlikely to ever support these.
- Crashed when I put an uncompressed wav file on the timeline
- AAC audio didn't seem to work
- was limited to 2 decimals in the framerate
- The interface was extremely laggy and unusable. When I would press the play button, the actual video display lagged about 4-5 seconds behind the timeline marker. When I pressed stop, it would take another 4-5 seconds for the video display to actually stop.
- It's impossible to put 2 clips side by side without zooming in
I also experienced no less than 3 random crashes within a period of about 15-20 minutes of testing.
Once some of these problems get ironed out, it might be a pretty decent editor, but as of right now, it is simply completely unusable (at least on windows).
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests