Live Action Videos [Hear me out please]

This forum is for help with this web site. Please read the FAQ and then search this forum before asking questions here; most likely the question you are about to ask has already been answered.

Live Action Videos [Hear me out please]

Postby CastielTheFallen » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:07 pm

I realize this is an amv site, however, why is it that we couldn't have a subforum for live action video announcements? We could set it up like this, you can post your videos so long as they are self hosted, and they'd all be in their own LAMV Announcement forum. It would do no harm, if anything it would do good, because I know a lot of editors make LAMVS, Khameleon808, Reda, Prodigi, and Myself included. Many more I'm sure as well. It would probably bring in even more active editors who make LAMVs to this community. Instead of just shrugging this off and saying "LOLOLTHISISANAMVSITE", why couldn't we give this some consideration? I mean, we DO have a Live Action Videos by AMV editors topic with 33 pages, doesn't that say something? Instead of using this completely disorganized thread and sifting through page by page to find a video, wouldn't it be easier for everyone if we just had a subforum for it?

Plz think about it guise. It would be a major improvement to the site imo. Especially considering there is really no LAMV Community to go to and get feedback.
Last edited by CastielTheFallen on Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DZ|BSP
CastielTheFallen
Prodigal Pen-Throttle

Re: Live Action Videos [Hear me out please]

Postby CodeZTM » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:10 pm

Plz think about it guise. It would be a major improvement to the site imo. Especially considering there is really no place to go to post LAMV community to go to and get feedback.

Youtube? :ying:

Nah. I kid. I don't see any real issue with it. So long as they don't make a catalog entry or upload it to the site, I don't see how it'd hurt anybody. It's just be for the forum community anyway.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby 8bit_samurai » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:19 pm

LOLOLTHEREISALIVEACTIONVIDSBYAMVERSTHREADANDDONATORSFORUMWEDONTNEEDONELOLOL
Under Construction
8bit_samurai
Hmm...

Postby ReggieSmalls » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:21 pm

Yea I would like to see a live action subforum I'm pretty sure theirs a lot of people here who also edit to live action videos I just started myself
If I Ain't Happy I Get Slappy!!!
ReggieSmalls

Postby Enigma » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:22 pm

:up: !
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid

Postby CastielTheFallen » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:28 pm

8bit_samurai wrote:LOLOLTHEREISALIVEACTIONVIDSBYAMVERSTHREADANDDONATORSFORUMWEDONTNEEDONELOLOL

LOL THERE IS SLOPPY AS FUCK UNORGANIZED LIVE ACTION THREAD THAT SUCKS ASS AND LOLOL NOT EVERYBODY IS A DONER

Faggot.
DZ|BSP
CastielTheFallen
Prodigal Pen-Throttle

Postby drewaconclusion » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:56 pm

Arashinome wrote:
8bit_samurai wrote:LOLOLTHEREISALIVEACTIONVIDSBYAMVERSTHREADANDDONATORSFORUMWEDONTNEEDONELOLOL

NOT EVERYBODY IS A DONER

That's my biggest beef with the live action thread. Not that I'm unable to view it, but being in the donator's forum shuts out a potentially large number of people from mentioning quality videos that you might never hear of.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...

Postby Nya-chan Production » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:57 pm

Is doner something like boner? :ying:

But all in all - not against :>
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view

Postby 8bit_samurai » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:00 pm

I believe the word you're looking for is donor, and the description for the Donator's Forum reads
This forum is for donators to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos

which Live Action Videos fall under. Now if someone really wants to share their video, they could donate and gain access to said forum and make an announcement thread, post in the Live Action Vids by AMVers thread, create a link(s) in their signature and also post in their journals. Any of those means sounds fine to me, so therefore I do not believe we need a sub-forum for Live Action Videos.
Under Construction
8bit_samurai
Hmm...

Postby CastielTheFallen » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Not everybody has money to fork over to the donator's forum. I'm a donator myself and I'd still like to see an LAMV subforum for easier access. Most people don't use the donator forum for LAMVS, and journals and sig shit just doesn't cut it.
DZ|BSP
CastielTheFallen
Prodigal Pen-Throttle

Postby 8bit_samurai » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:18 pm

Well, instead of another subforum, you could ask a mod or perhaps a donator to make a thread of directories (or something similar) for the Live Action Vids by AMVers thread and keep the post updated everytime someone posts a new video and ask for a mod or admin to sticky the thread. Or something like that.
Under Construction
8bit_samurai
Hmm...

Postby CastielTheFallen » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:24 pm

Why go through the extra work when it would be both simpler and easier to throw a new subforum up and use that? A single topic isn't enough to draw attention and get real feedback for a video, anyway. I don't get why you seem to be so against the idea, it could only do more for the community.
DZ|BSP
CastielTheFallen
Prodigal Pen-Throttle

Postby Enigma » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:02 pm

8bit_samurai wrote:Well, instead of another subforum, you could ask a mod or perhaps a donator to make a thread of directories (or something similar) for the Live Action Vids by AMVers thread and keep the post updated everytime someone posts a new video and ask for a mod or admin to sticky the thread. Or something like that.

I'd go with this, But seeing as this a is a fan hobby, Paying to do something that should be done for free(aside from cost from getting the footage/software), I don't wanna be paying to just announce a video, I mean.Come on, What does the relation ship forum have to do with AMV's?
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid

Postby Nya-chan Production » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:06 pm

You say that now but when you're thirty and still alone you'll be thankful for it!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view

Postby Knowname » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:27 pm

Arashinome wrote:Why go through the extra work when it would be both simpler and easier to throw a new subforum up and use that? A single topic isn't enough to draw attention and get real feedback for a video, anyway. I don't get why you seem to be so against the idea, it could only do more for the community.

A LAMV forum would mean expansion to the desired audiance, it would not necessarily mean it'd be 'good' or bad, it could be either. With an expanded audience you gain such things as attention by lawyers (not gauranteed but more likely the more noise we make) and possibly more taunting by lamv 'elitest' about how they are SO done with amvs and so on. While point 1 is simply paranoia I wanted to bring up point two... the first part just sort of snuck in there.
If you do not think so... you will DIE
Knowname

Next

Return to Site Help & Feedback