Is it real...or just another Crush?

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Is it real...or just another Crush?

Post by AimoAio » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:16 pm

Pretty simple yeah...not one of my best works but hope you enjoy it nonetheless ^^

OropherZero
Org Profile

Re: Is it real...or just another Crush?

Post by OropherZero » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:31 pm

<3 this vid, btw is this song popular or something? Seem to hear it all the time in the supermarket. Anyway just some small quality issues here and there but I liked the scene selections.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:45 pm

OropherZero wrote:<3 this vid, btw is this song popular or something? Seem to hear it all the time in the supermarket. Anyway just some small quality issues here and there but I liked the scene selections.
For a while, he was our American Idol runner-up, and was a pop sensation having about 3-4 huge hits.

/ghets video

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:20 am

Well, I can safely say I had several different concepts planned out for this song that never got off the ground. And I can safely say this one blew all of them out of the water.

1) Lip Flap was distracting,and in this particular series and in those particular scenes, it would have been pretty easy to mask them out. Try that in the future perhaps?
2) Beat sync in some areas of high drums was too fast and hard to keep up with. I applaud you for making this romance song more high paced than the song actually is and thus more entertaining to watch, but some areas were just too fast and hitting EVERY drum beat isn't always necessary.
3) The grey thing effect
4) The climax was actually... Well kind of anti-climatic. xD and I mean right after 2:35. You set us up with that scene of all scenes and move on to more random scenes. THATS WHEN YOU PUT THEM HAVING SMEXY KISSES! xD Lol, kididng. IT wasn't too bad afterwards, but I was just hoping for something with more of an effect on me.
5) I wasn't too keen on the white flashes. I mean, in SOME areas they were effective, but in some drum beats using white flashes and using black flashes elsewhere just kind of combined badly. This is more pertainit around the 3 minute mark both before and after it.

Overally, it was a nice and cute AMV exploring a cute series in a cute and interesting way, if not a little too oversynced. =D

The scene selection was nice,and you hit the overall feel of the song VERY well. Using David Archuleta to make something cutsey isn't all that hard, but you blew this out of the water. :D

/mehlikes

Eion
Slash wouldn't treat me like this
Org Profile

Post by Eion » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:13 am

Code wrote:Well, I can safely say I had several different concepts planned out for this song that never got off the ground. And I can safely say this one blew all of them out of the water.

1) Lip Flap was distracting,and in this particular series and in those particular scenes, it would have been pretty easy to mask them out. Try that in the future perhaps?
2) Beat sync in some areas of high drums was too fast and hard to keep up with. I applaud you for making this romance song more high paced than the song actually is and thus more entertaining to watch, but some areas were just too fast and hitting EVERY drum beat isn't always necessary.
3) The grey thing effect
4) The climax was actually... Well kind of anti-climatic. xD and I mean right after 2:35. You set us up with that scene of all scenes and move on to more random scenes. THATS WHEN YOU PUT THEM HAVING SMEXY KISSES! xD Lol, kididng. IT wasn't too bad afterwards, but I was just hoping for something with more of an effect on me.
5) I wasn't too keen on the white flashes. I mean, in SOME areas they were effective, but in some drum beats using white flashes and using black flashes elsewhere just kind of combined badly. This is more pertainit around the 3 minute mark both before and after it.

Overally, it was a nice and cute AMV exploring a cute series in a cute and interesting way, if not a little too oversynced. =D

The scene selection was nice,and you hit the overall feel of the song VERY well. Using David Archuleta to make something cutsey isn't all that hard, but you blew this out of the water. :D

/mehlikes
Pretty much that

Rubeeh
Org Profile

Post by Rubeeh » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:39 am

liked it alot <3

Diegao
Enjoy the music
Org Profile

Post by Diegao » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:39 am

Pretty simple video. I quite like it, but the white flashes make me a bit of discomfort.
Rising Production: Site - Forum - Facebook - Twitter

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:48 am

Ah ya finished it :O AuN's on a roll here I see. /gets

Radiant_mt
Org Profile

Post by Radiant_mt » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:53 am

Synced very well in some parts, others not so much.
Nice story.
Alright flow.

Over all, a A-O-K video
:up:
MS Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP1//Intel Core i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07 GHz, 12 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 // P6T Motherboard//930 gig hard drive and a 1.5 Terabyte external hard drive// CASE = Antec twelve hundred.
Dual Moniters - 1280 x 1024 LG FLATRON // 1920 x 1080 View Sonic FULL HD

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:39 am

whats with you and only making Toradora vids for AUN hmm? (not that i'm complaining, I quite liked this video, and I'm a toradora fanboy anyway ;p)

I agree with code on the speedups, some of them felt a bit too fast, but thats pretty much only thing that bothered me. You've got a good feel for romancy stuff, i've liked everything you've done with the genre so far ;p :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”