Durarara!!

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Durarara!!

Postby EkaCoralian » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:24 am

Ryuugamine Mikado is a boy who longs for the exciting life of the big city. At the invitation of his childhood friend Masaomi, he transfers to a school in Ikebukuro. Masaomi has warned him about people he doesn't want to cross in the city: a champion fighter, an informant, and a mysterious gang called "Darazu." Nervous from Masaomi's stories, Mikado witnesses an urban legend on his first day in the city, the Headless Rider astride a black motorcycle. From then on, the existence of supernatural cases and a gang called the Yellow Turbans will rise to the surface, and Ikebukuro will pushed to the breaking point.

Episode 1 was released english subbed a couple of days ago, and as far as I know, there's been three scanlated chapters of the manga online. I thought episode 1 was great (can't get enough of that OP!) and the manga's pretty good as well.
I'm definitely sticking with this one. :D
EkaCoralian

Re: Durarara!!

Postby Chez » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:27 am

Most likely this will be the only show i keep up with this season. Like i said before, the first episode was okay most of the cast was seen or mentioned throughout the episode (another huge cast list) which is good. The op was much like the Baccanno! Op which isn't bad just nothing new. Music is good too.
Image I stream and stuff o.o
Chez
Not Mexican

Postby Ishbalan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:53 am

It's definitely riding on Baccano!'s coattails, but it might turn out pretty good. First episode wasnt bad, and Ford knows theres not much else to watch this season.
Ishbalan

Postby Taite » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:42 pm

I agree, probably the only new release I'll keep up with. Didn't really mine the similarities to the Baccano! opening.
Image Image
Taite

Postby ZephyrStar » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:38 am

Seems pretty damn random so far, but I'm interested.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby Ishbalan » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:09 pm

Second episode made me smile. We definitely have a gem here.
Ishbalan

Postby EkaCoralian » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:06 pm

Episode 2 was quite good. I'm thankful for the backstory on that girl, and I love the Black Rider 10x more just because of the end, there.
Still waiting on that stalker girl to appear in the anime (she was introduced in the manga rather early.) I was hoping I'd see her in episode 2, with how fast episode 1 sped through the manga, but to no avail. =\
EkaCoralian

Postby mirkosp » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:30 am

Imma say this has the potential to become show of the season. I'm not sure what SHAFT is planning to do with Dance in the Vampire Bund, but seems like they risk to screw it up a bit compared to what it could be. This one, though, is already very interesting. Also, Kida is the man. :amv:
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby ZephyrStar » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:45 pm

Just watched Ep 2, definitely show of the season.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby EkaCoralian » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:14 am

Episode 3 was brilliant. :'D
I couldn't stop laughing when Izaya was stomping on the cellphone and when he got owned by that trashcan. xD
"Shizzy" is probably my new favorite character now. Any guy who can punch another guy so hard that he goes flying into the air and thus loses his shirt and pants is epic. :up:
EkaCoralian

Postby mirkosp » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:42 am

DEWLUHLUHLUH = SHOW OF THE SEASON

Yep.

Also, Shizzy is totally this show's Ladd so WIN.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby Taite » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:30 pm

I like me some Izaya and Shizzy. 8-)
Durarara!! has such epic, wonderfully well-developed characters. To be expected of the creator of Baccano!.

Oh, and the last thing said in episode 3 makes me wonder who is narrating all this O:
Image Image
Taite

Postby mirkosp » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:03 pm

Taite wrote:Oh, and the last thing said in episode 3 makes me wonder who is narrating all this O:

Every episode has a different narrator from what I understand, and every narrator is a character of the show. This time was the russian badass known as Simon. :D
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby Taite » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:29 pm

mirkosp wrote:
Taite wrote:Oh, and the last thing said in episode 3 makes me wonder who is narrating all this O:

Every episode has a different narrator from what I understand, and every narrator is a character of the show. This time was the russian badass known as Simon. :D

Oooh, I was gunna say. Thanks for the clarification xP
Image Image
Taite

Postby Chez » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:46 pm

Izaya is win, Shizzy seems to be a cameo to Ladd and Simon is just all round awesome. Durarara is only getting better as it goes on at least to me.
Image I stream and stuff o.o
Chez
Not Mexican

Next

Return to Anime Series Discussion