So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime Music Videos.
noexcusepunk
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2001 1:59 am
Org Profile

Re: So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

Postby noexcusepunk » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:24 am

machina21 wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
Adobe certified?! How?! :shock:


By the power of Gray Skull.

This comment is made of epic win.

CaLLMeGeNo
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:11 pm
Org Profile

Re: So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

Postby CaLLMeGeNo » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:11 pm

dude you try too hard!

User avatar
Dar
yuri addict
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:12 pm
Status: NEEDS MOAR YURI
Location: orlando
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

Postby Dar » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:09 pm

Psycho'sHatred wrote:DUDE!!!!!! From one graphic designer to an other, You not only need to be in sync with the video, you need to have good music!!! 8-) :twisted: 8-)

Trust me. I know what I am talking about. I am Adobe(R) Certified. Meaning I CAN Edit on just about anything that you can give me. Good music is needed for the mood.
Not only that, but the music gives the people something to "ROCK" with. Most AMVs have a dramatic scenario. (Q.E.D. Love and action are the most popular.) Take the AMV Title: "Auriga" It's background music gives the video piece a "MOVING" Experience like you're actually there. I believe nothing is more beautiful than living the moment. Whom ever edited that marvelous video deserves alot of respect in how he/ or she created that "LIVE" feeling.


I'm working on getting my adobe certifications (dreamweaver, fireworks, flash) this year.
Image
Image

AtomicMolecularVest
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:54 pm
Org Profile

Re: So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

Postby AtomicMolecularVest » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:27 pm

This was extremely helpful. Thanks for the guide! :D

User avatar
Michele
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:25 pm
Status: On my way home
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

Postby Michele » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:50 am

I can't believe I finished reading something that long here on the forums :shock:
I was tempted to go c+p somewhere else to read it. :x

Anyway o: That was awesome111111111 :ying:

For example, if we hear a door slamming we damn well better be looking at a scene of a door slamming

Best part O:

User avatar
Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2001 10:13 pm
Status: 日本人になる人の鮎川です。
Location: 日本国東京都荒川区
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

Postby Kionon » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:28 am

Michele wrote:I can't believe I finished reading something that long here on the forums :shock:
I was tempted to go c+p somewhere else to read it. :x

Anyway o: That was awesome111111111 :ying:

For example, if we hear a door slamming we damn well better be looking at a scene of a door slamming

Best part O:


"If the song mentions a rose, there damn well better be a fucking rose!"

User avatar
godix
a disturbed member
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2002 12:13 am
Org Profile

Re: So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

Postby godix » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:52 pm

Kionon wrote:"If the song mentions a rose, there damn well better be a fucking rose!"

I think I referenced that quote elsewhere in the massive wall of text. I brought it up in order to reject it. Lyric sync does not equal quality, and too often editors pick scenes ONLY for lyric sync which end up killing the mood and flow. The exception is trailers; lyric sync (sound effect sync actually, but same idea) is pretty much required for trailers. Which is where my door quote came from IIRC.
Image

User avatar
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:38 am
Status: Doctor
Location: Honduras
Org Profile

Re: So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

Postby TritioAFB » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:03 pm

It's really interesting and helpful your topic buddy. Perhaps, Iºll include it to my new proyect and also thanks for the guides, not all amv makers knows them and they think amv is just putting some random scenes and add them music
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
ImageImage

User avatar
MLT_Co
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:45 pm
Status: Learning learning learning...
Location: Cochabamba - Bolivia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

Postby MLT_Co » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:37 pm

wow... really awesome, I translated it and printed it to read... ^ ^
Thanks Godix, your concepts are really fantastic.

User avatar
godix
a disturbed member
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2002 12:13 am
Org Profile

Re: So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

Postby godix » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:26 am

MLT_Co wrote:wow... really awesome, I translated it and printed it to read... ^ ^
Thanks Godix, your concepts are really fantastic.

Translated it? If you understand English well enough that you could translate it, then why would you need to translate it? Actually, nevermind, I probably don't want to know.
Image

User avatar
Eion
Slash wouldn't treat me like this
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:58 pm
Status: Sexy
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

Postby Eion » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:38 am

Very nice read :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

User avatar
Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:39 am
Location: Petting mah cat..
Org Profile

Re: So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

Postby Vivaldi » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:48 pm

godix wrote:
MLT_Co wrote:wow... really awesome, I translated it and printed it to read... ^ ^
Thanks Godix, your concepts are really fantastic.

Translated it? If you understand English well enough that you could translate it, then why would you need to translate it? Actually, nevermind, I probably don't want to know.

Your guide is now being used as an undergraduate editing textbook[let] in southern China, congratulations.
Image
Image
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

User avatar
godix
a disturbed member
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2002 12:13 am
Org Profile

Re: So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

Postby godix » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:41 pm

Vivaldi wrote:
godix wrote:
MLT_Co wrote:wow... really awesome, I translated it and printed it to read... ^ ^
Thanks Godix, your concepts are really fantastic.

Translated it? If you understand English well enough that you could translate it, then why would you need to translate it? Actually, nevermind, I probably don't want to know.

Your guide is now being used as an undergraduate editing textbook[let] in southern China, congratulations.

Boy, if that isn't the very definition of substandard education then I don't know what is.
Image

User avatar
xCharlotRawRz
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:12 am
Status: Happy :3
Org Profile

Re: So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

Postby xCharlotRawRz » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:38 am

Really good theory! =D
When I was like 8 years old, I always maked AMV'S for fun. And without knowing it, I turned in someone who always wanted to be the best.. My viddie's truly sucked at that moment o.ó

User avatar
xPiikanyaa
Phail Whale
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:43 pm
Status: :<
Location: England
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

Postby xPiikanyaa » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:53 pm

Good advice :up:


Return to “General AMV”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests