This isn't necessarily to do with AMV audio, but it is an audio question that has me screaming for help.
The speakers which I've had for 3.5 years are dying painfully in front of me. They're an Altec-Lansing 2.1 setup, similar to the ACS33 model (I think that's the right number). Therefore, I need a new pair of speakers and am looking for recommendations. A few requirements:
1. Must have a subwoofer. This is non-negotiable.
2. Wooden Subwoofer. See #1.
3. 2.1 and 4.1 are both acceptable.
4. Satellite size is an issue. The long tall ones may be OK for some people, but these are going on bookshelves slightly taller than a Harry Potter Hardcover.
5. My primary uses are listening to music and watching movies/anime/tv. I don't play games. Period. I am listening for speakers that come through on AV, not on explosions and gunshots.
6. They must cost under US$100, under US$70 is preferred, especially if I can't pick them up locally and have to order online.
Thanks a bunch for your help, here's to a speedy replacement.
"I'm recording an album tonight. Funny material and laughter will be dubbed in later."