advanced lightning effect

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
rook2pawn
Org Profile

advanced lightning effect

Post by rook2pawn » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:43 pm

i have one layer (layer A), and i want to apply advanced lightning to it, but as a separate layer (layer B) on top. I want the "alpha obstacle" to be checked,
but the layer B is not "recieving" the alpha information from layer A. I clicked on show alpha and indeed layer A's alpha is properly set, but layer B (new solid, with advanced lightning applied) is simply ignoring the alpha from layer A.

How can i get layer B to "have the alpha" from layer A? Or what is the correct approach to having advanced lightning on a separate layer?

Batto!
Le gâteau est un mensonge
Org Profile

Re: advanced lightning effect

Post by Batto! » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:10 am

Your wording is somewhat hard to understand but this is what i got out of it. I would first make two different compositions. Do your lighting effect on Layer A, then pre-compose it. Once you've done that, bring the pre-composed layer into the composition with layer B, then try using the alpha layer function, if i understood what you said, it should work.

Verses
Org Profile

Post by Verses » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:26 am

What's wrong with applying an adjustment layer over Layer A and pouring the eye-candy effects there?

darkargasio
Org Profile

Post by darkargasio » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:20 pm

u have just to click on the "composite on original" option in the lighting effects control panel =)
Image DRS LEADER

Return to “Adobe Software”