Donation Drive Contest: Week #1 Winners

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Donation Drive Contest: Week #1 Winners

Postby Phade » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:45 pm

Hey Everyone!!

Ok, that took WAY too long. Getting all the donations validated and the really simple chunk of code to do the random drawing thing was wrought with stupid little technical difficulties (not to mention having to take care of sick family members in all that). But everything is up and running now and should proceed smoothly from now on!

But before I announce the winners, I just wanted to talk about the [feels the collective smack of “Get on with it!!”]. Ok, ok!! The winner of the first 250GB hard drive is Dokidoki! I won’t say exactly how much he bid for this week’s top prize, but his donation this week was more than my matching challenge pledge of $1000 (which means I’m hoping that tax refund check gets here soon). ^_^

The random drawing contest for the 160GB drive had well over 1000 entries. All of those entries were thrown into a virtual hat and the lucky winner this week is, hey, what’s that shiny thing over there, oh wait, ummm, yeah the winner is, well, I had it written down here somewhere, it’s our very own RolltheStampede! His contribution, while not the highest this week, was well above the average member and just enough to land him this week’s prize. ^_^

Congratulations to this week’s winners!! There are still 11 pairs of drives to be had. As a reminder, the random drawing drive entries are reset to just the folks who enter this week, Sunday to Saturday. This means that a fresh pot of entries for a fresh new prize! The top donation drive prize will use the accumulated donation amount from last week through this week (a message for you guys in the running for this prize: How much did you donate? How much do you think the second place donator donated? Will they donate more? Can you reach that high plus one? This will definitely mess with your head until next Sunday! Muuuaaahhh haaa haha ha ha!!)

Thanks again to everyone who has donated this week! The site is well on its way!!

Phade.
User avatar
Phade
Site Admin
 
Joined: 20 Oct 2000
Location: Little cabin in the woods...

Re: Donation Drive Contest: Week #1 Winners

Postby Otohiko » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:01 pm

Wow, a huge round of applause for Doki. Because let's not forget, however big that mystery donation was, he's donated an ungodly amount of time and work to the .org already that has got to be worth far, far more. Pillar indeed :up:

Grats to RolltheStampede too, been a while since I've seen him on the .org here...
Otohiko
 
Joined: 05 May 2003

Re: Donation Drive Contest: Week #1 Winners

Postby Radical_Yue » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:39 pm

Holy shit Tim, fucking win dude :up: Nice donation :D

And Grats to Roll ;]
Image
User avatar
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose
 
Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Status: The flamer with heart of gold~<3

Re: Donation Drive Contest: Week #1 Winners

Postby CrazyBS » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:21 pm

You do understand that by tracking the donation stats, it is very possible to find the largest donation and one-up them. It may be more productive to turn off certain stats to keep things more of a guess. But that's up to you. Even the donation level stats can be tracked for changes and its possible to get a good idea of how much should be donated to stand a chance... Anyway, the point is, if this is really going to be an anonymous donation drive without revealing totals, these thing should be turned off.
User avatar
CrazyBS
 
Joined: 19 Sep 2001

Re: Donation Drive Contest: Week #1 Winners

Postby meleechampion » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:29 pm

Tim, doki, dude... wow. (at a loss for words) *bows down*

@CrazyBS: I say, track them stats, donations are donations are donations.
User avatar
meleechampion
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Status: Since when did we get statuses?

Re: Donation Drive Contest: Week #1 Winners

Postby Corran » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:42 pm

CrazyBS wrote:You do understand that by tracking the donation stats, it is very possible to find the largest donation and one-up them. It may be more productive to turn off certain stats to keep things more of a guess. But that's up to you. Even the donation level stats can be tracked for changes and its possible to get a good idea of how much should be donated to stand a chance... Anyway, the point is, if this is really going to be an anonymous donation drive without revealing totals, these thing should be turned off.

I don't think the stats will be that much of a problem as the stats are available to all members, they do not display individual contribution per member, and the large drives are given away based on all donations a member has made since Feb 22nd.

A large donation one week followed be a small one the next could be all it takes to win a drive. There is no way to know how much that combined total is unless you are the member that donated.
User avatar
Corran
 
Joined: 14 Oct 2002

Re: Donation Drive Contest: Week #1 Winners

Postby Nya-chan Production » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:30 pm

I knew that dokidoki makes huge profits of this site!

Gratz to both winners (b^^)b
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Location: Ward 7F
Status: White bracelet

Re: Donation Drive Contest: Week #1 Winners

Postby guy07 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:44 pm

... stupid rich people.... >.>;

:P
User avatar
guy07
 
Joined: 08 Sep 2003
Location: T.O.
Status: Back in beard.

Re: Donation Drive Contest: Week #1 Winners

Postby Phade » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:38 pm

Hey,

guy07 wrote:... stupid rich people.... >.>;

:P

More like "stupid now poor people..." :-P

Phade.
User avatar
Phade
Site Admin
 
Joined: 20 Oct 2000
Location: Little cabin in the woods...

Re: Donation Drive Contest: Week #1 Winners

Postby Elcalavero » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:58 pm

Congrats to the winners :up:
User avatar
Elcalavero
 
Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Location: Here.

Re: Donation Drive Contest: Week #1 Winners

Postby oldwrench » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:45 pm

Great going guys...... now on to round two. There's still hope.
Where did you say I'm going?.... And what am I doing in a handbasket?

Come and join us on the tiny but fun forum at http://www.allanime.org
User avatar
oldwrench
 
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Location: Erehwon, MN

Re: Donation Drive Contest: Week #1 Winners

Postby wurpess » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:19 am

Wow! Go Doki! :D Anyway, congrats to the winners!!! *^_^*
ImageImage
User avatar
wurpess
rabid fangirl
 
Joined: 28 Mar 2005
Location: The happy place in my head
Status: BLAAAARGH!!!!! -_-

Re: Donation Drive Contest: Week #1 Winners

Postby dokidoki » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:31 am

Otohiko wrote:Wow, a huge round of applause for Doki. Because let's not forget, however big that mystery donation was, he's donated an ungodly amount of time and work to the .org already that has got to be worth far, far more. Pillar indeed :up:

Thank Phade... Maximizing his challenge thingie provoked the size of the donation. :)

Congrats Roll.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki
Free games! (some left) // "Anybody want a pizza roll?"
User avatar
dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
 
Joined: 19 Dec 2000
Location: doki doki space
Status: BLEEP BLOOP!

Re: Donation Drive Contest: Week #1 Winners

Postby Penstrike » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:14 pm

dokidoki wrote:
Otohiko wrote:Wow, a huge round of applause for Doki. Because let's not forget, however big that mystery donation was, he's donated an ungodly amount of time and work to the .org already that has got to be worth far, far more. Pillar indeed :up:

Thank Phade... Maximizing his challenge thingie provoked the size of the donation. :)

Congrats Roll.


in the back of my mind I keep thinking that wow that is at least $900 for AMV's because the harddrive wouldn't really top out at an outragously high price :sweat: ... still congrats dokidoki and Roll.
FOR GREAT INJUSTICE! (Because regular justice has gotten old)
User avatar
Penstrike
 
Joined: 25 May 2005
Location: Just above Asleep


Return to Site Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron