AMV Autobiography

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:44 pm

First, thanks to all those that have written theirs so far - its really cool to me to see how everyone has developed throughout the years.
Eva-Fan wrote:You know the problem with most autobiographies is that people write in the first person too much and it gets boring fast. Count how many times you used the word "I" in your biographies and you will quickly understand.

Some of the posts have been interesting so far but most of them just felt like people were just in godix words: "'Oh look, a chance to talk about my favorite subject, ME."

My amv life hasn't been long or indepth enough to really be of use writing about as is regardless.
While I understand where this comes from, most of us are not writers, so though several do come across as generally being straightforward and non-entertaining, that is the intent. Also, its an autobiography - we're supposed to be talking about ourselves (through our videos in this case).

I wouldn't expect everyone trying to be 'entertaining' or 'interesting' about their posts - I find it interesting enough how people have just progressed throughout their videos/years. To me, I get to know more about the person when they're not trying to be entertaining, but simply telling it naturally.
Hi.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:39 pm

While I understand where this comes from, most of us are not writers, so though several do come across as generally being straightforward and non-entertaining, that is the intent. Also, its an autobiography - we're supposed to be talking about ourselves (through our videos in this case).

Feel free to not read it if you don´ like it. I don´t mind ^^

I appologize for all the typos. Please forgive a foreign boy :(

I like my story :)
2001 - "What´s that?"
Yes I already started in 2001. Surprised? Oh you better don´t want to watch my old video. I was the average cliché noob who just discovered internet a bit more. I was a cliché for a long time. Hey, internet and it´s own moral and does and don´t aren´t that easy for a teen!

In summer 2001 I discovered anime threw a manga from my best friend and studio mate Mac. Later we downloaded some dbz clips from various site. I was always so excited to see some fights in full motion and coloured. Later we discovered AMVs from a dragonball fan site.

They were so cool and I think that some of them would still make some decent old school styled videos. We downloaded more and more amvs and we almost got fans from some editors. Someday we also wanted to edit amvs. Just for the sake of fun, but for me it was also a goal to make good amvs too to actually make people enjoy them. Like I enjoyed those videos.
Mac and me discovered Ulead Video Studio 5 for 10 bucks and bought it.
My first amv was with Rammstein - Ich Will and Mac´s first one was with Nirvana - Smells Like Teens Spirit. Yes. Both were with dbz.
We also decided to apear as one unit "Bauzi & MAC" or "MAC & Bauzi" in "credits".

2002 - 2003 "In the dark with no light"
It was a good idea to form a unit. We always shared our sources, pcs, software and even knowledge. Knowledge was a very important thing. Do you know how hard it is if you don´t know nothing at all about editing? Hell! Our first crossfade was a big step forward for us!

We´re both bound on bad workspaces. Mac got new pc hardware from year to year. I didn´t. I was bound on my 266 Mhz machine. I wasn´t even able to rip my own music cds withot encoding errors because the drive was so slow. Also we had bad internet connections for a long time. We also upgraded from Ulead 5 to 6, 7 and so on. hehe. I never used WMM :P

My goal was to actually get one of the best editors out there. My amvs got more technic, but it´s still far away from decent. I think they lacked effort.

Our goal in general was to make something that we considered good enough to be hosted on dragonballarena.net wich was the amv world for us.

2003 - "Let´s do it!"
So we worked on our videos. There was still lack of effort. We were both stuck on dbz. We just didn´t had any other source.
We wanted to produce something that was so as decent enough to get hosted on dragonball. Well we got reject two times, BUT I thanked the admins from the site, because they actually gave us a reason to get better.

There was also the bet: If one of my videos would be accepted first from dragonballarena, than our official name would be "Bauzi & MAC). Well and if Mac would win: "MAC & Bauzi" :P

Opening our eyes on other animes too, because Mac got better i-net.

2004 - "Argh. LET`S DO IT!"
I got more and more pissed. I didn´t liked my editing and so on. I saw the problem and it was "lack of effort". So I really set down and edited, and edited and edited until it was finished and good.
That was the video: Hunting The Undead

I was really proud of it. It got hosted on dragonballarena, I won the bet and I uploaded it here. You can still see "Bauzi & MAC" in the credits :P

However. I didn´t got the feedback that I wished to get. Just some feedback. Anything! .-.

2005 - "Upgrade. Let´s do it again"
I still got the problem that I couldn´t really finish vids, but than I made Mission To Hell and a lot changed. I also used our first rip from my own DVD. Well the quality wasn´t that good, but it was nice. I also entered my first contest.

Finally we got a new pc and I whole new world opened for me. I still use my pc today and I really like "him" ^^

Mac still didn´t finished something that he saw as "worth to be shown to others".

We also formed [LGS] Lazy Generation Studios, because we already were something like that. We really shared the things we got.

In the meanwhile I always searched for good austrian editors, but didn´t found them. We were fans of italian people, german, UK etc. but where are the austrian guys? That was something we didn´t understood and I searched them! So I got to amv.de after some while.
I think the austrian scene was "formed" in 2004 with the first local contests. So actually there was nothing to find .-.

2006 - "Rise"
I finally realised my problem. After getting used to the new possibilities with my new pc and software I set down and edited as long as "Type Of Negative" was finished. A HUGE step forward. I finally saw myself and stuff as decent or good.
The amv was made with Premiere Pro 1.5 wich I got from a friend. I still use it today ^^

It was demotivating to see that nobody wanted to comment my amvs from this era here in the forms =/ It made me sad! In got 3 posts in my first three anouncment threads here .-.
Things changed when I lurked here more and released new vids like [:Un/real] or "Condemn What We Don´t Understand".

I also met tons of new and nice people =O

My internet was finally upgraded from 56k to broadband >_>

Mac and me slpit up the name, because in the end I was the only one from us who actually released vids. "Bauzi & MAC" was dead. Long live "Bauzi"! [LGS] just was enough to be a unit.

2007 - "Above The Sky. Dreamvideo"
With "Seen It" I got into After Effects 7.0 and I realeased more videos.

"Deus Machina" was just great for me! It was the type of video that I always wanted to create. It made me so proud to see how people actually like it, because it was so much my own taste.

"Different Realites" was somehow disappointing for me, but in the end I think it´s ok. I would like to give the attention or popularity of this vid to other works of mine. I also showed myself that Deus Machina just wasn´t my cenit and there is much more to come. That was really important for me.

With Kiv and Kenka we got two great editors for [LGS]. Weeeheee ^^

Finally I saw myself as the best austrian editor. Well I don´t want to say that. We have so many talented people. Let´s say that I´m the most popular.

2008 - 2009 "Change"
"Never Giving Up" showed that I can edit something else than sick, dark videos :p
I really like it ^^

With my latest release "Eve - The Perfect Human" I made again a video that I always wanted to create. It splits people into lovers and hater and I like it!
I wanted to step down with this video from this heavy sync stuff and go back to mood sync like I did with Deus Machina.

I got somehow sick of oversynced stuff and I try to not do it again. I changed and so will my videos. I´ll still use effects, but I guess in a more usefull way.

Dreizehn joyned [LGS] ^^

In total?
I got far more than I ever expected when I began with this hobby. I am proud of it that I went threw years with a shitty workspace and discovered most of the stuff all by myself and with Mac. I just didn´t gave up and I won´t.

Due to the lack of comments that I got I try to give austrian amv editors as much feedback that I can.

I also help other people because I just had nobody at the beginning wich helped us. I consider Kenka as my personal amv student and she´s just great ^_^
I really dig her stuff.

I somehow got popularity in Austria too. I was judge at a contest and so on. It´s cool well I don´t care that much for popularity since years. It´s still nice to see people wich like my stuff.

I´m just proud of my own way, alright? |:>
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:55 pm

Awesome stories!

I'm gonna read them all and maybe write my own later. :up:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Farlo
expectations of deliberate annihilation
Org Profile

Post by Farlo » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:54 pm

im too lazy to do this kind of thing, someone make up a biography for me.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:58 pm

Farlo wrote:im too lazy to do this kind of thing, someone make up a biography for me.

METAL!

/done

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:34 pm

NerdStrudel wrote:
Farlo wrote:im too lazy to do this kind of thing, someone make up a biography for me.

METAL!

/done
Best Autobiography EVER! :up:

Vax
Sexy black guy
Org Profile

Post by Vax » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:44 pm

Ahh, I started a couple of months ago. I cant write much. Maybe if this thread is still up in a couple of months, I'll definately write something.

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:49 pm

Vax wrote:Ahh, I around a year ago of months ago. I cant write much. Maybe if this thread is still up in a couple of months, I'll definately write something.

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:50 pm

Dr. AaronAMV wrote:
Vax wrote:Ahh, I around a year ago of months ago. I cant write much. Maybe if this thread is still up in a couple of months, I'll definately write something.
I Around a year ago.
Is this bad?

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:56 pm

I feel awkward writing something here since my AMV contribution has mostly taken place in the last 14 months or so and as such I'm a rank newbie, however my personal history with AMVs does go back about a decade and does have bearing ON what I've contributed so....

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... ?mid=83847

...for the time being there it is. Not exactly what other people have written, but hey...

My whole journal is kind of a messy AMV autobiography, anyways. What I wrote doesn't go into the nitty gritty of my stuff for that very reason - I've already said everything I would ever say about it all in some journal post somewhere. :roll: No need to rehash all THAT.

Return to “General AMV”