Graphire tablet: will it work on a KVM switch?

This forum is for help with and discussion about your video hardware.

Graphire tablet: will it work on a KVM switch?

Postby slackergirl » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:02 pm

The subject says it all. Am building a new computer, but still plan on using my old comp for stuff. Have a WACOM graphire4 (which I LOVE!) and want to use it on both. Plus, don't have room for 2 mices. Will a standard USB KVM switch retain full functionality?
I'm gonna try it in any case, but wondering if anyone else has.
slackergirl

Postby slackergirl » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:38 pm

Just so y'all's know, it seems to work fine (so far).
slackergirl

Postby milkmandan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:55 pm

slackergirl wrote:Just so y'all's know, it seems to work fine (so far).

interesting, which kvm switch did you get?
also does the kvm switch have a limit to output resolution?
Image Image
milkmandan

Postby slackergirl » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:12 pm

It's a Tripp-Lite 2-port compact USB Switch with Audio. No resolution limits listed in the manual, and I've not noticed any issues on either comp. I have the screen resolutions set to 1280x960 pixels, and quite honestly don't work with anything that would require super high resolution, so I might not ever find out! Photoshop seems to be working swell too. Pretty happy with the switch overall.
slackergirl

Postby milkmandan » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:32 pm

slackergirl wrote:It's a Tripp-Lite 2-port compact USB Switch with Audio. No resolution limits listed in the manual, and I've not noticed any issues on either comp. I have the screen resolutions set to 1280x960 pixels, and quite honestly don't work with anything that would require super high resolution, so I might not ever find out! Photoshop seems to be working swell too. Pretty happy with the switch overall.

OH WOW THIS IS A NICE KVM SWITCH

This KVM switch uses DVI technology for digital video signal transmission to reduce undesirable distortion from conventional analog/digital conversion. Both DVI digital video ( up to 1920x1200 ) and DVI analog video ( up to 2048x1536 ) are supported.

I am gna get one now ><
Image Image
milkmandan

Postby slackergirl » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:23 pm

You know more about my switch than I do! I didn't realize it was so special. Hope you enjoy yours!
slackergirl

Return to Video Hardware Discussion