i need help with WMM

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
axcx
Org Profile

i need help with WMM

Post by axcx » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:33 am

please no one in rockmanamv could solve my problem so I came here. I'm new around here but i've been making amvs since the start of this year i belive. So here is the deal:
-my movie maker closes strangely and with no aparent reason when i put the clip in the timeline. i've restarted my pc several times, also reinstalled movie maker, restored defaults and nothing works.

the facts are:
-i'm using avi clips
-i have the DivX, Xvid and Codec Community Pack installed.
-i'm working with WMM 2.0

(if this is the wrong section to post this forgive me)
I NEED HELP PLEASE!
wiiiii
check my shared DA account: http://randomguys.deviantart.com

ShiroNekoHime
Org Profile

i need help with WMM

Post by ShiroNekoHime » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:43 am

I've been having that same glitch. I think there's a limit to clips and pics you can put on, so when you reach the limit it will x out. I suggest combining clips to save room or deleting unnecessary pictures/clips.

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:51 am

Make sure your clips are encoded with a lossless codec like Huffy or lagarith.
If your clips are encided in Xvid or Divx (or some other lossy codecs), they wont work well in video editing software.
Even if they seem to work fine at first, they can cause some major problems later.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:53 am

moonie211 wrote:Make sure your clips are encoded with a lossless codec like Huffy or lagarith.
If your clips are encided in Xvid or Divx (or some other lossy codecs), they wont work well in video editing software.
Even if they seem to work fine at first, they can cause some major problems later.
Also the "Windows Movie Maker" section is probably the right place for this.
Don't worry, a mod will move it to the right place
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Rapture**
Org Profile

Re: i need help with WMM

Post by Rapture** » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:59 am

ShiroNekoHime wrote:I've been having that same glitch. I think there's a limit to clips and pics you can put on, so when you reach the limit it will x out. I suggest combining clips to save room or deleting unnecessary pictures/clips.
That's right. You probably just overfilled it's allowed capacity.

And Moonie got a good point too. If removing unnecessary items won't fix it,try out lossless codecs.
:D I like laughter ;DD
ImageImage

axcx
Org Profile

Post by axcx » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:20 pm

Rapture** wrote:
ShiroNekoHime wrote:I've been having that same glitch. I think there's a limit to clips and pics you can put on, so when you reach the limit it will x out. I suggest combining clips to save room or deleting unnecessary pictures/clips.

And Moonie got a good point too. If removing unnecessary items won't fix it,try out lossless codecs.
wow quick replies thanks guys... the other option would be as you say use another codec... so that means CONVERT every single episode of sonic underground. if that's the only solution... i'll do it... but it will take a loooong time. can i change codecs another way?
wiiiii

Rapture**
Org Profile

Post by Rapture** » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:49 pm

axcx wrote:
Rapture** wrote:

wow quick replies thanks guys... the other option would be as you say use another codec... so that means CONVERT every single episode of sonic underground. if that's the only solution... i'll do it... but it will take a loooong time. can i change codecs another way?
There's no real need to convert EACH episode. You could just create clips for the scenes you'll use. In other words : Use Virtual Dub(mod) and(not necessary) AviSynth.
:D I like laughter ;DD
ImageImage

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:52 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:open the video file in virtualdub mod go to video->compression->Huffyuv

then go to file->save

use those to mark the beginning and the end of the "clips" you want so you can save room

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:12 pm

divx, xvid and CCCP you say?
sounds like you may need to reconfigure CCCP
Kariudo on configuring CCCP wrote:you go start, all programs, combined community codec pack, video decoder settings
go through the codec list and disable ffdshow for all the codecs you have (click on the boxes that say libavcodec, you should then see a few options, one of which is disabled)

you'll probably be disabling divx, xvid, huffyuv and mpeg2
do the same for audio decoder settings

when you're done with that, you may need to click the CCCP settings icon (in the same place as decoder config)
disable decoding of anything you have (checkboxes, similar to the decoder config)
dsiable avi support for haali media splitter and click re-register all filters

there have been some times where I've messed around with the settings and then not been able to play .mkv files, re-registering filters fixed that.

if you don't configure CCCP you will probably run into problems either in your editing program, or when you playback video (or audio)
I'll spare you the technical details of that unless you want them

axcx
Org Profile

Post by axcx » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:47 am

hey guys you all rock! thanks for the help but... can i use another compressor that is not Huffyuv? the files it produces are HUGE! i know i should cut only the parts i need but anyway i ask
wiiiii

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”