HELPNESS PLEASE

This forum is for video and audio help and discussion.

HELPNESS PLEASE

Postby Lolliepop » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:55 pm

Ok well I make tons and tons of Slideshows of animes and video games and I have just about all the anime I need already BUT I have no idea how to get pictures off of my anime dvds...so since I have a dvd-rom can I just put a dvd in there pause it and do it some way from that or do I need a program? and if I need a program are there any I can download that are free? and which is the best one and how do I use it?
Lolliepop

Postby NS » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:56 pm

well this is kind of a dumb question to begin with I suppose, But If you get VLC media player.. they have a snapshot function which is good.
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Postby jhkplaya888 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:21 pm

Fn + insert or print screen then just use paint... this is the easiest way...even a 2 year old should be able to do this..
jhkplaya888

Postby NeoQuixotic » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:01 pm

jhkplaya888 wrote:Fn + insert or print screen then just use paint... this is the easiest way...even a 2 year old should be able to do this..

However Print Screen will not work if a hardware overlay is being used. You'll just get a black spot where the video is. Either turn off hardware overlay in whatever player or just use the snapshot function in VLC.
Insert clever text/image here.
NeoQuixotic
Master Procrastinator

Postby Joe88 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:45 am

anubisx00 wrote:
jhkplaya888 wrote:Fn + insert or print screen then just use paint... this is the easiest way...even a 2 year old should be able to do this..

However Print Screen will not work if a hardware overlay is being used. You'll just get a black spot where the video is. Either turn off hardware overlay in whatever player or just use the snapshot function in VLC.

yes
I was just gonna mention the snapshot function in VLC

but a little on the PrintScreen, a little cool thing is that when you take a pic with video in it and you paste it in paint is that the video still runs in the pic :p
Ive encounted that n00b post a few times that they think they hacked paint to get video ... xD
Joe88

Postby JaddziaDax » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:23 am

i know you said "pictures" but wouldnt it be better if you got video off of your dvds?
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Return to Video & Audio Help