Rogue Pictures effect.

For all help and discussion relating to visual effects in programs that are not already covered in an existing forum, such as Blender, Particle Illusion, etc., along with discussion about effects theories and techniques.

Moderator: Niotex

Rogue Pictures effect.

Postby maxamillion07 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:07 pm

This is driving me crazy. How do you reproduce this effect.
maxamillion07

Postby Kitsuner » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:09 pm

Could you describe it? I'm not sure I understand what it is you're asking for.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:18 pm

Also, using which program
forum discription wrote:not already covered in an existing forum
?
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby Kristyrat » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:34 pm

I think they mean Rogue Pictures the production studio (also happening to be one of my favourites >_>) the beginning of this trailer:

http://www.roguepictures.com/assets/cli ... 20x134.mov

Should have an example of what they're looking for?
Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin

Postby requiett » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:10 pm

Uh, it doesn't look that hard. Each letter has its own layer that has a dummy layer that motions in off the screen with a lowered opacity and heavy motion blur, and another layer which has the letters show up in full opacity. Throw in some glow shit and Wiggler / shake effects, and you have it for the most part.
requiett

Postby maxamillion07 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:32 am

Ya I'm sorry about the details. I'm using After Effects 7 and yes it is the Rogue Pictures Production Company that you see at teh beginning of trailer or movies.
maxamillion07

Postby Niotex » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:48 am

requiett wrote:Uh, it doesn't look that hard. Each letter has its own layer that has a dummy layer that motions in off the screen with a lowered opacity and heavy motion blur, and another layer which has the letters show up in full opacity. Throw in some glow shit and Wiggler / shake effects, and you have it for the most part.
The Wiggler expression go's across X + Y not just X which we're looking for. Or so I remember.. I tried a Randomized expression but that leaves me dry in most cases. Like Req said Shake effects/plugins where you can apply across stand alone (Single) axis (In your case X aka Left and Right) is what your looking for on the dummy text. The plugin that I think work best for stuff like this is "Genarts Saphire: S_Shake".
Niotex
The Phantom Canine

Postby Zarxrax » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:16 am

Niotex wrote:The Wiggler expression go's across X + Y not just X which we're looking for. Or so I remember..

Wiggler can be confined to one axis. It's a setting in the wiggler window. Since there are only like 3 or 4 settings for wiggler... how do you miss it? :|
Zarxrax

Postby JudgeHolden » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:28 am

Zarxrax wrote:
Niotex wrote:The Wiggler expression go's across X + Y not just X which we're looking for. Or so I remember..

Wiggler can be confined to one axis. It's a setting in the wiggler window. Since there are only like 3 or 4 settings for wiggler... how do you miss it? :|

Cuz he's a Lowlander?
ImageImageImageImage
JudgeHolden

Return to Visual Effects