Rogue Pictures effect.

For all help and discussion relating to visual effects in programs that are not already covered in an existing forum, such as Blender, Particle Illusion, etc., along with discussion about effects theories and techniques.

Moderator: Niotex

Rogue Pictures effect.

Postby maxamillion07 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:07 pm

This is driving me crazy. How do you reproduce this effect.
maxamillion07
 
Joined: 28 Jan 2005

Postby Kitsuner » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:09 pm

Could you describe it? I'm not sure I understand what it is you're asking for.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Status: Top Breeder

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:18 pm

Also, using which program
forum discription wrote:not already covered in an existing forum
?
User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
 
Joined: 14 Sep 2004
Location: Merrimack, NH
Status: Extreeeeeeeeeme

Postby Kristyrat » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:34 pm

I think they mean Rogue Pictures the production studio (also happening to be one of my favourites >_>) the beginning of this trailer:

http://www.roguepictures.com/assets/cli ... 20x134.mov

Should have an example of what they're looking for?
Image
User avatar
Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
 
Joined: 26 Sep 2004
Location: Igloo
Status: Lies and fish

Postby requiett » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:10 pm

Uh, it doesn't look that hard. Each letter has its own layer that has a dummy layer that motions in off the screen with a lowered opacity and heavy motion blur, and another layer which has the letters show up in full opacity. Throw in some glow shit and Wiggler / shake effects, and you have it for the most part.
User avatar
requiett
 
Joined: 12 May 2003
Location: Alaska

Postby maxamillion07 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:32 am

Ya I'm sorry about the details. I'm using After Effects 7 and yes it is the Rogue Pictures Production Company that you see at teh beginning of trailer or movies.
maxamillion07
 
Joined: 28 Jan 2005

Postby Niotex » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:48 am

requiett wrote:Uh, it doesn't look that hard. Each letter has its own layer that has a dummy layer that motions in off the screen with a lowered opacity and heavy motion blur, and another layer which has the letters show up in full opacity. Throw in some glow shit and Wiggler / shake effects, and you have it for the most part.
The Wiggler expression go's across X + Y not just X which we're looking for. Or so I remember.. I tried a Randomized expression but that leaves me dry in most cases. Like Req said Shake effects/plugins where you can apply across stand alone (Single) axis (In your case X aka Left and Right) is what your looking for on the dummy text. The plugin that I think work best for stuff like this is "Genarts Saphire: S_Shake".
Image
User avatar
Niotex
The Phantom Canine
 
Joined: 08 Jun 2003
Location: Netherlands
Status: Simply Insane

Postby Zarxrax » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:16 am

Niotex wrote:The Wiggler expression go's across X + Y not just X which we're looking for. Or so I remember..

Wiggler can be confined to one axis. It's a setting in the wiggler window. Since there are only like 3 or 4 settings for wiggler... how do you miss it? :|
User avatar
Zarxrax
 
Joined: 01 Apr 2001
Location: Concord, NC

Postby JudgeHolden » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:28 am

Zarxrax wrote:
Niotex wrote:The Wiggler expression go's across X + Y not just X which we're looking for. Or so I remember..

Wiggler can be confined to one axis. It's a setting in the wiggler window. Since there are only like 3 or 4 settings for wiggler... how do you miss it? :|


Cuz he's a Lowlander?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
JudgeHolden
 
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Location: The great white north (Minneapolis)
Status: Looking at you through your window!


Return to Visual Effects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests